PDA

View Full Version : Adding Cross-platform play to BLTD

EphraimWichwood
08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
I think it would be a great idea, as there are probably more people on the xbox 360 who bought this game than there are on the PC (as most PC gamers are whiny little pricks who cant live without their oh so precious dedicated servers), and this would expand the playerbase and possibly, if enough people actually play this damn game, other developers out there will make games with cross-platform connectivity. I want to see more than ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Lost Planet 2 (which I don't like), and Shadowrun(which was great, but nobody plays it anymore). Anyone with me on this?

Dopedfish
08-03-2010, 04:25 AM
and Shadowrun(which was great, but nobody plays it anymore)

Hey idiot. If Shadowrun has cross platform play and nobody is playing it, why do you think it will save a terrible game like Blacklight Tango Down?

Also they're already working on a sequel. So you're definitely not going to get cross platform play. Not to mention Microsoft has pretty much given up on the idea of Cross Platform play.

Also it wasn't Lost Planet 2 that had Cross Platform play. It was the re-release of Lost Planet 1 that had it: http://store.steampowered.com/app/45720/

SunDown1982
08-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I think it would be a great idea, as there are probably more people on the xbox 360 who bought this game than there are on the PC (as most PC gamers are whiny little pricks who cant live without their oh so precious dedicated servers), and this would expand the playerbase and possibly, if enough people actually play this damn game, other developers out there will make games with cross-platform connectivity. I want to see more than ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Lost Planet 2 (which I don't like), and Shadowrun(which was great, but nobody plays it anymore). Anyone with me on this?

I can tell you're not a PC gamer if that's how you see things in regards to dedicated servers. The whole point with that is the PC has had this for years and it's the most stable while P2P match making is less stable depending on the hosts connection. It's not only that, but as the host can slip hacks or trainers into their own game ruining the fun. With dedicated servers, most people who run them do so for fair play.

As far as cross platform, I'd like to see it but honestly, I don't know if it'll happen much at all. I don't think Sony or Xbox would really like it with people playing against their competition.

Seraphyx
08-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Playing with their competition? What does that matter? If anything it will get people playing MORE on all platforms just because that's how people are. They like bragging and there's going to be a lot of <insert console hate here along with how bad you got owned>.

Either way I only see people playing more if it would go cross-platform.

absol_89
08-05-2010, 05:30 AM
PC players would not whine about dedicated servers as much if the hit detection was client sided which counters the lag. the only problem with matchmaking is people with inferior computers or internet connections that get picked because of low ping but they have low performance. works fine on consoles because the machines are not doing anything else except playing. pc users might have utorrent and anti-virus running. thats why the performance is better on dedicated servers. also with dedicated servers you can votekick/ban hackers and so on. the host in matchmaking games have an unfair ping advantage