PDA

View Full Version : They Hunger - got only E3?

Corvin
08-05-2010, 07:04 AM
I've downloaded and installed the "They Hunger" Single Player Mod for HL1. I got it from here:

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/they-hunger-1-2-and-3

Its working using the linked Steam Patch, but the main screen just shows me Episode 3. But in the steam menu it says "They Hunger Trilogy", and the download site also says "1,2 and 3 in one pack".

Is E3 Containing E1 and E2 or am i making failures?

-> Pic of my menu (http://warlock0.wa.funpic.de/hunger.png)

fresco
08-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Ep3 contains both Ep1 and Ep2. If you start a new game it starts Ep1 and you can play through all the episodes. If you want to skip the first episodes you can also play Ep3 directly.

Tex Paintower
08-25-2010, 12:29 AM
I tried to install this but I don't have a half-life folder anywhere. Any tips. And I do have Half-Life installed....

gorpie
08-25-2010, 05:23 AM
I tried to install this but I don't have a half-life folder anywhere. Any tips. And I do have Half-Life installed....

You do have a half-life folder somewhere (this may not apply if you have the Sierra/WON version of the game--in that case, try searching your computer for Valve).

Look for the folder Steam\SteamApps\yourname\half-life. It's usually in C:\Program Files, but for me it's not.

ozku
08-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Run Half Life once and it creates "Half Life" folder in your steamapps/<accountname> directory.

Tex Paintower
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Okay, for some reason I do have an account name folder now. I have no idea why I didn't yesterday. Still no half-life folder and no Valve folder anywhere on the PC though. In the steamapps folder there is a half-life.gfc, but that it is. The account name folder is completely empty. I'm going to remove the Half-Life local content and download it again.

Tex Paintower
08-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Haha okay, now I have a folder...weird. Thanks for the help!

Tex Paintower
08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
I can run They Hunger through Steam now but it has the Half-Life main menu and everything until I select New Game and choose and of the options. Then They Hunger starts at episode 3 and freezes during the intro video every time...