PDA

View Full Version : Is it playable?

Raefzm
08-06-2010, 06:20 PM
hey!
so i've been looking into this game for some time. It looks great, but alot of people have been complaining. Some of the complains are about the game suffering from memory leak, but not everyone seem to have this problem.

However, those who have; how much RAM does your PC have? what exactly happens, when does it happen, how often?

Is it playable at all, worth buying..?
From the looks of it, i'd be glad to throw out 50, but if its just going to crash / lag i would regret it so..

Say, with a bigger ammount of RAM, how long could you play the game (on maximum settings ) before it would start lag/crash? I have 8GB ddr3 RAM installed atm.

Also, i was wondering what the main differences between this game and SimCity 4/SimCity Societies?

I recently found and OLD copy of SimCity 2000, a game wich i thought was great back in the days. However, it does not run well on a 64 bit operating system, so i thought i would get a more modern version of SimCity.

Wich game would you recommend, SimCity 4, SimCity Societies or CitiesXL?

ThX

damaged
08-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Get SimCity 4, don't waste your money on Cities XL, wait for the next Cities (http://www.focus-home.com/index.php?rub=news&id=92) to come out and see what the reviews say.

rottenpuppets
08-07-2010, 10:42 PM
If you want to play something now, SimCity4.

agafaba
08-13-2010, 09:38 PM
hey!
so i've been looking into this game for some time. It looks great, but alot of people have been complaining. Some of the complains are about the game suffering from memory leak, but not everyone seem to have this problem.

However, those who have; how much RAM does your PC have? what exactly happens, when does it happen, how often?

Is it playable at all, worth buying..?
From the looks of it, i'd be glad to throw out 50, but if its just going to crash / lag i would regret it so..

Say, with a bigger ammount of RAM, how long could you play the game (on maximum settings ) before it would start lag/crash? I have 8GB ddr3 RAM installed atm.

Also, i was wondering what the main differences between this game and SimCity 4/SimCity Societies?

I recently found and OLD copy of SimCity 2000, a game wich i thought was great back in the days. However, it does not run well on a 64 bit operating system, so i thought i would get a more modern version of SimCity.

Wich game would you recommend, SimCity 4, SimCity Societies or CitiesXL?

ThX

I had 8gb of ddr2 ram, my city was big enough that it took 30 minutes or so before it got really slow, an hour before it was completely unplayable.

AlphaFox
08-14-2010, 02:48 AM
Dont waste your money in buying this. The left it unfinished and full of bugs. Monte Cristo has gone bust anyway and they shutdown their multiplayer servers (as usual, Silverfall) There is another company working on Cities 2011, so hold on to that or play SimCity4

TimeNinja
08-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I heard SimCity4 was terrible and barely a simcity game.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was Simcity Societies.

CptMetropolis
09-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Do not buy. Would scour from my steam account purchasing records with fire if I could. Lesson well learned; read forums before buying.

My unearthly appetites for a new simcity game remain unsatisfied :( . Hopefully 2011 is... At least adequate?

KooKas
09-18-2010, 12:47 PM
2011 will be being developed by Focus Home International, a new company also based in France. This company intends to address many of the bugs found in the initial CitiesXL, including the dreaded memory leak that killed the game. It also has announced plans for extra features, so that you are not just buying a (vital, mind you) bug-fix. For example, the mass transit that was so desired.

austinite04
09-20-2010, 10:34 AM
I demand a refund or store credit.. AWFUL game.. not playable anymore.. online portion is Dead..