PDA

View Full Version : New Version (.72)?

EnsignBlue
08-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Nation Red just downloaded and it says it's v72 now instead of v70. What's the changelog?

soundcreepy
08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/news/4176/

Trashcantoy
08-09-2010, 03:52 PM
kinda dissapointed they didnt do a sale to celebrate online coop. ill just have to buy it for the full price later then ;)

SnowBrigade
08-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Hello EnsignBlue,

Version 1.72 has most of the current reported issues/suggestions fixed, plus we further optimized the on-line code.

As someone requested, it also has the first version of the lobby-matchmaking service so it's not just Friends based. Basically you can host a game of your liking and anyone running Nation Red can see that game and decide to play with you.

As usual, let me know any (remaining) issues you find and they'll get fixed along with adding the new requests/ideas in the next update;)

Metro
08-09-2010, 04:15 PM
kinda dissapointed they didnt do a sale to celebrate online coop. ill just have to buy it for the full price later then ;)

Might be the Midweek deal -- you never know!

AgentofEvil
08-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Hello EnsignBlue,

Version 1.72 has most of the current reported issues/suggestions fixed, plus we further optimized the on-line code.

As someone requested, it also has the first version of the lobby-matchmaking service so it's not just Friends based. Basically you can host a game of your liking and anyone running Nation Red can see that game and decide to play with you.

As usual, let me know any (remaining) issues you find and they'll get fixed along with adding the new requests/ideas in the next update;)

I love you guys. Thanks for online co-op! I can't wait to try it out tonight. :D

Syncourt
08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Hello EnsignBlue,

Legends! :D

Pandgames org
08-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Where is the matchmaking lobby? I can't find it only the ability to invite friends.

EnsignBlue
08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Some feedback.

-I love the new weapon balance work! I'm not sure if you read my post on the subject in the suggestions thread, but the new stuff in this update is definitely a huge step in the right direction. However, melee weapons do still need a bit of diversification. They play great, but they play all the same. The MP5K also still takes too long to reload to be useful at later parts of a round. Other than that, beautiful work, I need to buy you guys all a beer some day.

-The new lobby system for Nation Red is a good idea, but it's ineffectual. You have to sit there and wait for the small chance that somebody at the exact same time has the lobby system open and is looking for games, which could take forever. My suggestion is that there should be an option in the options menu that says "Open for Co-Op Games with Strangers". If the player turns this option on, then a person setting up a co-op game can choose between a Friends Menu or a Public Menu. On the Public Menu is listed everyone who has the option turned on and is currently in-game. So that way you can play Nation Red instead of just sitting there doing nothing and you're still matchmaking for online co-op, and since it's an option the player can decide whether or not they want to participate in the matchmaking.

-Co-op plays amazing, but it still needs the option to pause at perk selections.

-When you start a round, your secondary weapon is always the melee weapon you used last, rather than a standard issue weapon.

-The new Barricade map is still unplayable for single-player?

-I think Bullettime should be available for co-op. It should compound for both players, kinda like zed time in Killing Floor. It's such a cool feature that it's a shame that it's not included.

EnsignBlue
08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Where is the matchmaking lobby? I can't find it only the ability to invite friends.

Open up the online co-op menu. At the top where it says "Friends" there should be a little button to change it to a lobby.

Rhylos
08-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I can't play local coop. Every time I choose to start it, the game crashes.

//
Uh, no matter what I do it crashes. Verifying the cache did nothing, so I'll delete and reinstall.

//edit2

Still crashes no matter what game mode I choose. Won't even start a mission.

Quick
08-10-2010, 01:04 AM
I can't play local coop. Every time I choose to start it, the game crashes.

//
Uh, no matter what I do it crashes. Verifying the cache did nothing, so I'll delete and reinstall.

//edit2

Still crashes no matter what game mode I choose. Won't even start a mission.

Reinstall your physx driver, i had the same problem.

Smoglet
08-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Mine works as it always has since the most recent update, some days I can play for hours others half an hour and BAM! crash to desktop.

Not sure what you guys are doing to solve the crashing issue of others but clearly my problem isn't major and to be blunt it doesn't matter that much to me because I can always restart another game.

I would be ranked #1 too if it just hadn't crashed HONEST....;)

I really would NOT be ranked number one but it does bother me that I could be on a roll to get back into the top 200 again and it crash out, but then I figure it's just a game and life is enough of a competition without adding more pressure.

That all aside since the update the graphics look a lot better, you can't see the zombies spawn on Barracade mode and also you can't just stand in a corner defending the fence and getting a massive score with no skill while the zombie bosses are nicely tucked away down the left hand side and not trying to rip you apart.

Thanks for making a great game even better:)

Syncourt
08-10-2010, 04:05 AM
Mine works as it always has since the most recent update, some days I can play for hours others half an hour and BAM! crash to desktop.

Yeah, my friends crashes back to desktop too on the odd occasion. Of the 7-8 games of co-op we've played, his has crashed twice. Though he used to crash a lot more often before the physx update. That was in single player though, not co-op (if that even makes any difference).

DocDeltree
08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
So, it's no longer required to start Nation Red with the command line option? :)

Also, thanks for the update, feedback will follow. ^^

SnowBrigade
08-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Hello DocDelTree,

Good point; yes, no need for the Beta command line. You can/should remove it.

Rhylos
08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
How do I reinstall Physx?

SnowBrigade
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM
How do I reinstall Physx?

Hey Rhylos,

First of all, Steam should always install it but just in case it didn't, I have added a link

in this post (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1395676)

Rhylos
08-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Hey Rhylos,

First of all, Steam should always install it but just in case it didn't, I have added a link

in this post (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1395676)

Yeah it would help if I turned my computer off every so often :)