PDA

View Full Version : Gman is Shepards father?!?

montanker
08-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Think about it.

In Opposing Force, Gman saves Shepards life more than once, even though in HL2 Ep2 he says he cannot interfere. In order for Gman to break the rules he must have some kind of connection with shepard.

Also, the tv show Lost and Half Life made references to each other, like the Dharma station in Ep2. In one episode of Lost, Jack SHEPARD'S dead father does a Gman type thing(complete with suit and briefcase!). Connection?

Finally, opposing force has several Star Wars references(like the trash compactor). And what is the most famous line from Star Wars?
"I AM YOUR FATHER!!!"

Just think about it :cool:

(Please reply! I want to hear your Gman theories!)

mimaz98
08-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Here is a G-Man theory by yours truly:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385315

montanker
08-09-2010, 08:54 PM
That was really good! Definitely gave me something to think about.

You're probably right about Gman wanting to overthrow the Combine and giving Gordon to other planets to spark more rebellions. Just one thing...if the Gman can stop time and teleport, why cant he just go around and shoot every Combine in the head? That would be much easier! :)

gestures468
08-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Just one thing...if the Gman can stop time and teleport, why cant he just go around and shoot every Combine in the head? That would be much easier! :)

that would make an awesome mod
imagine stopping time and teleporting around in the half life 2 story mode

montanker
08-10-2010, 12:34 AM
lol :D

Zekiran
08-10-2010, 01:22 AM
My theory is... read Mimaz's theory. :) He's not Adrian's father. He's also not Gordon's father, nor Chell's. Or Alyx's. Or Cubbage's. But Cubbage would claim that he's actually everyone's father because he's a jacktard like that. :)

D!ffr@c+0r
08-10-2010, 06:37 AM
HAHA JACKTARD???

Zekiran
08-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Well, since both jackass and ♥♥♥♥♥♥ are censored, why not combine them into something that's not? :D

gestures468
08-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Well, since both jackass and ♥♥♥♥♥♥ are censored, why not combine them into something that's not? :D

well aparently jackass insnt censored anymore

montanker
08-16-2010, 06:35 PM
And yet @$$ is?

Kibblesman
09-03-2010, 12:11 AM
well aparently jackass insnt censored anymore

Isn't that another name for donkey?

lordofterror
09-03-2010, 12:15 AM
i am sure g man will end up being the hero in the half life series

Newlemming
09-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I hardly think G-man is as noble as people set him out to be. Yes, he's helping Gordon fight the Combine, but even Eli got horribly bad vibes from this guy.

Eli seemed like a really good judge of character for the most part, and part of the mystery surrounding Gman is that undenyably HE was the one who supplied the mineral that caused the tragedy at Black Mesa.

What are his real motives? Hopefully in Episode 3 or Half Life 3 we finally find out.

mimaz98
12-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Whatever it is he may be, G-Man is not a force for good.

Zombie_GMan
12-20-2010, 06:46 PM
While this is an interesting theory, as others have pointed out, the G-Man is undoubtly not a good guy. However, he isn't really a bad guy, either. My guess is that he MIGHT be Shapard's father (though I doubt it), and everything he's doing can be compared to an experiment--perhaps to see if humanity is as strong as his employers believe we are. Or maybe this is one big plan to stop the Combine, but he and his employers don't want to be too exposed to the universe, so they 'hire' others to do the work for them. Who knows for sure?

DirectVic
12-24-2010, 05:03 AM
G-Man being Shephard's father is about as likely as Breen being Gordon's father.

Zombie_GMan
12-24-2010, 05:32 AM
G-Man being Shephard's father is about as likely as Breen being Gordon's father.

Gordon Breenman.

*Buh-dum, tsk!*

DirectVic
12-24-2010, 05:42 AM
Hehe.

Kex
01-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Out of all the crazy unlikely theories to become cannon this is the one I think holds most sway, as I thought this up myself a while back.

Personally I think someone at gearbox may well of thought about this when developing OpFo.
You'l notice that the character you play as just happens to be wearing a mask.

I don't want the theory to be true as I like Shephard and the G-man as seperate characters, but I think it's a fairly valid theory, even if it is unlikely to actually become 'fact'.

The line... "I must admit I have a fascination with those who addapt and survive beyond all odds, they rather remind me of myself"

That's the thing that finally made me think thats what gearbox had planned.

Custom333
01-09-2011, 01:42 PM
"Shepard, I am your father!"

yo-yo
01-20-2011, 06:16 AM
"Shepard, I am your father!"

and your wife is your sister.

Grue12
01-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Judith Mossman is Barney's mother.
Nihilanth is Lamar's grandfather.
Adrian Shepard is Mass Effect's main hero's brother.
Dr. Breen is a founder of Google. Oh wait. There's something wrong here.

IsEnough
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Nihilanth is Lamar's grandfather.

I think my whole world just ended.

rivaldid
01-29-2011, 11:17 AM
and if you notice, when you start the trial, the trainer says i don't know how you are the first of the list... or something like that, and this let us thought someone had given him a push