PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide - Deal or no Deal?

The Ubermensch
08-10-2010, 05:43 PM
So I saw this game was on sale, and saw that a four-pack was available. Through these forums I learned that 4-player co-op isn't implemented yet, but that it's on the way. Is this correct? I was thinking of buying this to share with a couple of my friends who I usually play this type of games with - We've played a lot of Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 2 and Alien Swarm together, and it might be right down our alley - provided it has some proper content and supports 4 players.

From what I've read and what I can see, it seems like a blend of Alien Swarm's gameplay with Killing Floor's game mechanics. I'm a big fan of both, but how similar is this game to those? Help me decide whether or not to get this for my friends. Also, anyone know how long the sale will last?

Pattoe
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I wouldnt say it was like l4d, killing floor or alien swarm to be honest. It's alot like those flash games where you have to survive against an increasing amount of zombies, it says they come in waves but its pretty much continious, you've got no time to stop and think about strategy, you just have to kill them all...

Its fun but its a completely different sort of game, I don't think its as thought out as AS, l4d or KF either, you get what you pay for to be honest.

I like it though, just wish it didnt crash as often, atleast it doesnt crash mid-game, just in the menus.

try out the demo, the best advice I can give you.

Pr3cise
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Well its like killing floor with the zombie types, weapons, perks and you get waves of zombies to survive through. Now its like Alien Swarm with the 3rd person. Thats about it. You have no objectives really on the other hand. You mainly survive. You get levels too. But they dont save. It renews through different multiplayer co-op games. Yes co-op 4 player is in the future for now its only 2 play co-op.

I think its a decent game for the price. You get what you pay for.

Pattoe
08-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Just happened to me again, the game has a nasty habit of crashing when you start a level

JJ509
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I'd say try the demo first. gives you an idea of the game. I played it for 10 mins. Liked it so much I bought it right after I stopped the demo.

twisterthepain
08-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Demo first if deciding, if best to explain the movement feels like Alien Swarm over the head camera like Alien Swarm. Zombies remind me of the horde from L4D that rush you in time. you'll notice a more arcade feel since Indie was involved in it.

T@F
08-12-2010, 12:06 AM
tbh it's quite good just buy it,does not cost a lot tbh.
cost of a candy bar and a branded drink.

Treehugga
08-12-2010, 01:23 AM
coming from someone who has played the hell out of l4d, l4d2, and alien swarm, this is has elements of all of them.

Like Alien Swarm, it is a top-down shooter. Like l4d there are zombies. It is more like a flash game with a lot of interesting features. I got it during this sale and I'm quite content with it. Additionally, the somewhat active devs make this game a steal at this price.

Syncourt
08-12-2010, 02:19 AM
I don't personally know any purchasers who have been disappointed with the game or it's support. Every one of my friends that has played it really enjoys it.

Funny thing is most people are very hesitant to play it, they look at it and go months not caring about it from sight. But then you gift them a copy, or sit them down on your PC and suddenly you find they're addicted hehe.