PDA

View Full Version : I want to move forward with the "Home" key.

netiaz
08-10-2010, 08:28 PM
I want to move forward with the "Home" key. I installed something called "Little Boy" from a Fallout 3 mod site, as it's description claimed it being able to bind the "Home" key to whatever function. It did not work. I have no other problem with this game besides that I can't use my control scheme. Halp.

aerundel
08-10-2010, 09:28 PM
What's wrong with WASD, or even the cursors (which are usually right under Home/Delete)?

LightOfDarkness
08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
What's wrong with WASD, or even the cursors (which are usually right under Home/Delete)?

with home delete end page down, you have access to more keys. Also, lefty?

Anyways, couldn't you just go to the action mapping menu and change the keys there?

ouT-Phaze
08-12-2010, 10:40 AM
most lefties I know use ijkl, which gives you WAY more buttons than the ridiculous idea of home/del/end/pdn

KarlMonster
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
On every game that allows it, I bind my number pad for movement and most other functions.
/ * -
7 8 9 +
4 5 6
1 2 3 ENTER
0 .

With 7/9 for turning, 4/6 for strafing/sideways, and 1/3 often unused, the arrangement is more orderly than WASD - and there is no possibility that I'll hit the Windows key by accident.

What annoys me about FO3 is that I can rebind everything I want... except a few keys like A (all).

I'm not sure why you can't re-bind HOME for your purposes - but if your keyboard is like mine, then it might help if your NUMLOCK is on. Otherwise, 7 on the numpad is also HOME.

TimM
08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Eh. I am lefty. Most lefties actually use WASD which ironically is also far better to use as a lefty than a righty.

xerog_0
08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Eh. I am lefty. Most lefties actually use WASD which ironically is also far better to use as a lefty than a righty.

Well, my wife is a lefty, and she has trouble with WASD because it puts her left hand right next to her right hand, which is a little cramped (she uses the mouse on the left side of the keyboard).

I haven't tested this, but I've made this suggestion on other games for similar circumstances - you could use a program like autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/) to remap the home key to something else (like w). You'd have to write a script for it, and it would mean turning the script on and off before and after play so that it wasn't permanent, but it might work. In my experience most games will accept a key remapped in that way (although not all).