PDA

View Full Version : Pedestrians don't react to gun pointing at them?

IntricationZ
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Bug? Or were they never programmed to do so in the first place?
Kind of a bummer to see them not reacting. :o

bloodypalace
08-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I was also surprised at this. They reacted to guns being pointed at them in mafia 1.

Sameo
08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
in mafia 1 it also at least made a noise when you ran them over. a powerful one at that

gta-man
08-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Also when you take down a door with ur feet they do nothing. It Sucks i want panic.

IntricationZ
08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
they also don't react when you close the hood of the car while they're working on the engines... :s

and the cops have trouble finding the entrance of the shop i'm in.

juggalopimp11
08-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Definitely some AI issues, hopefully it is fixed in the full version. I don't go pointing guns at civilians all that much so it's not that big a deal, still an odd thing to overlook though.

I do agree that people should freak out when you kick a door down, instead of standing around calmly like nothing happened. I'm sure this stuff will be ironed out with patches.

Blitz
08-10-2010, 11:55 PM
They stare at you when you have your gun out.

Claptovaughn
08-11-2010, 12:17 AM
The only pedestrians that I've seen react to my pulling a gun on them have been black. They'll typically pull a gun right back at me.

bloodypalace
08-11-2010, 12:20 AM
The only pedestrians that I've seen react to my pulling a gun on them have been black. They'll typically pull a gun right back at me.

If a person has a gun, then they will take it out and shoot you. Otherwise, they just ignore you as if nothing has happened.

Lullebulle
08-11-2010, 12:43 AM
If you aim at someone they will put their hands up in the air and beg for mercy :D

bloodypalace
08-11-2010, 12:44 AM
If you aim at someone they will put their hands up in the air and beg for mercy :D

That's exactly what people did in the original mafia.

west
08-11-2010, 01:27 AM
they react just not instatntly

colt .45 killer
08-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Also when you take down a door with ur feet they do nothing. It Sucks i want panic.

I was trying to walk into a diner as another guy was walking out. we kept opening and closing the door on eachother till i kicked the damn thing in and threw him back a few feet. Twas funny but he dident even get knocked over..

DKill3r
08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I have another thing.
The bodies of dead enemies don't move if I shoot them again.
Is this supposed to be like this in every version of the game, or only for us Germans? Because I think it's uncut too in Germany.

colt .45 killer
08-11-2010, 01:53 PM
The idea of bullets pushing dead bodies on the ground is a game/movie made up idea. I'm guessing it was a deliberate feature.

n3ko
08-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I have another thing.
The bodies of dead enemies don't move if I shoot them again.
Is this supposed to be like this in every version of the game, or only for us Germans? Because I think it's uncut too in Germany.
yep they don't move :/

Nexant
08-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Ya know there could be a reason for the message when it starts about the demo not being a complete representation of final product.

SmilerAl
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Ya know there could be a reason for the message when it starts about the demo not being a complete representation of final product.

It's a demo, designed to try and convince people to buy the full product, not a beta.

This whole "Not the final representation" bit is a load of crap anyway, what are the chances of all the things the fans have brought up magically be fixed in under 2 weeks?

Ebo87
08-11-2010, 05:00 PM
It's a demo, designed to try and convince people to buy the full product, not a beta.

This whole "Not the final representation" bit is a load of crap anyway, what are the chances of all the things the fans have brought up magically be fixed in under 2 weeks?

Do you have any idea how old this demo actually is, do you? What, you think cutting a piece of the game out doesn't require any effort? This is the same demo they showed times and times again at stuff like E3, TGS or Leipzig.

dougle
08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Firing your gun in the middle of a street is kind of weird when nobody reacts, you shoot a car and the car and other cars just drive along as if nothing happened. I hate to compare the game to GTA but i'm pretty sure every other open world game since PS2 has had pedestrians that react to voilence.
I hope this is just a demo thing because the pedestrians seem really boring in this game, which is a shame considering how amazing the enviroment is.

Neverpleased
08-11-2010, 05:14 PM
What is everyone talking about?

I barely whip out my gun or the cops are on my ♥♥♥ and rival gangs are attacking me whilst pedestrians flee in fear.

Besides if someone shot a gun at your car you wouldn't stop you would floor it.

n3ko
08-11-2010, 11:48 PM

100% agreed.

Hawks282
08-12-2010, 09:35 AM

100% agreed.

I can see it now, you guys are the type of people that if they see a red button and a sign that says do not touch under any circumstances you will still go ahead and touch it.

Weather you want to believe the warning is crap or not (mind you there's no way to know this unless you can see what's happening on the back end of the game) it's still a warning telling you not to expect the same things in the final product.

CatNoise
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Do you have any idea how old this demo actually is, do you? What, you think cutting a piece of the game out doesn't require any effort? This is the same demo they showed times and times again at stuff like E3, TGS or Leipzig. I will remember and laugh at you at the time.