PDA

View Full Version : Quake 3 Arena Achievements!?

Baseballdude
08-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I think this game would be sweet to have steam achievements implemented into the game. For example killing 3 ppl while at 1 HP, or something like that.

tirto_brass
08-15-2010, 12:33 PM
And how can you add achievements to a 11 year old game?

Keron480
08-15-2010, 03:55 PM
hehe your idea is great but well its a old game

and if u need achivments u can play Quake live they scerwed it with Premium and PRo mode but u can still play standard

jaycob
08-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Get the ♥♥♥♥ out am i that old already! :D

AnubisArc999
08-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I would LOVE to have Quake 1 achievements, especially since it is my favorite game of all times.

Old but gold.

Although, HIGHLY unlikely, it is one of my greatest video game dreams.

Baseballdude
08-22-2010, 09:48 PM

Well they added achievements to Counter Strike Source and thats a old game too! I dont know i keep seeing steam add achievement to games these days and it would be sweet if they added achievements to older games like quake. I just think quake 3 Arena is a great game and one of my favorites so i would think achievements would liven up the game a bit.

snake289
08-23-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't think they will seeing as id don't really care much about updating their older titles(They expect the community to do it)

And maybe because Quake Live has achievements too? :)

fisk0
08-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Well they added achievements to Counter Strike Source and thats a old game too! I dont know i keep seeing steam add achievement to games these days and it would be sweet if they added achievements to older games like quake. I just think quake 3 Arena is a great game and one of my favorites so i would think achievements would liven up the game a bit.

Well, Counter-Strike: Source is still 5 years younger than Quake III, and was created by Valve, the same company that operates Steam (the original Counter-Strike, which is as old as Quake III does not have achievements though).

If they should add achievements for something it should be the original Doom, like achievements for beating 20 enemies to death during the berserk pack boost duration, killing a Cyberdemon with your bare fists, or finishing the entire game using only the handgun.

Pr3cise
08-27-2010, 02:27 AM
god screw your Quake live. i like pure vanilla myself. steam achievements would rule.