PDA

View Full Version : This game fail me.

ozgeek
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Do not buy this if you like Marble Blast or Switchball. It's inferier than those great ball games. I had some spare cash in my card and bought this. Very unimpressed. Ball doesn't go where you tell it to go. I pull the left stick left, instead ball goes down or up, etc. And ♥♥♥♥ty camera control. I want freedom in camera control those those other ball games already have. And where's the freak is the retry option.

This game does not provide the experience I had with the xbox360 ball games.

pulchr
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
If you pull the left stick left and the ball goes down or up something is definitely wrong. Some gamepads had this behaviour earlier but should be patched now. What brand/model of gamepad do you have?

The retry option is just below "Continue" in the in-game menu. This was also added in a patch. Are you sure that your game has been patched and is up to date?

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your question about retry as restart.

Also note that this is not an action game where it's the control of the ball that's important (like Marble Blast and Switchball), this is a puzzle game.

There's also a demo to try out if you're uncertain as to what the game might deliver.

ozgeek
08-11-2010, 11:12 PM
lol Why did I post that. When I did, I only played the game 10 minutes.

2 hours later, I have seen the light. It's actually not that bad. They just based the game on Switchball but I found them to be very different.

Some puzzles had got me but they are fun and enjoyable.

I use a wireless Xbox360 controller on my PC to play this game. When I move the left stick, I tend to move it at 10'oclock position for left or 4'oclock position. I couldn't help it.

cherryade
08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
It's not based on Switchball, which looks like a Super Monkey Ball clone. Rather, Puzzle Dimension is similar to the cult 1998 PlayStation puzzle game Kula World (release as Roll Away in the US), with one of the developers of Puzzle Dimension having worked on Kula World.