View Full Version : Savegame problem
08-11-2010, 12:08 PM
So steam updated and all seemed fine, loaded the game and again all was fine.
Rebooted into OSX and loaded steam and then the game and its asking for a new user, no sign of the save.
Reboot back to Windows and now it doesn't recognise the save, seems when in OSX its synced it with steam cloud to say there is no save, checked in Windows and the saves are still in the save folder?
Any idea why the game is no longer recognising it?
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I had some problems on the Windows side of things, but once I sorted it out I didn't have any problem with the saves syncing to the installation on my Mac.
The save files got moved around on the windows side so they need to be in an additional place for it to load up right:
C:\Program Files\Games\Steam\userdata\your user id number\3590\remote
Here's how Ive been able to get my saves working (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)
1. Open Steam Library, Right-click ON PvZ and choose properties
Go to the update tab and uncheck the steam cloud
2. Restart steam in Offline mode (File -- Go Offline)
3. Copy your backed up userdata to C:\ProgramData\Steam\PlantsVsZombies\UserData
This should include a gameXXX.dat, user1.dat, users.dat
3a. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<userid>\3590\ and delete everything in here
Copy your backed up userdata to this folder (gameXXX.dat, user1.dat, users.dat, etc)
4. Start PvZ and all your saved data should be back
5. Buy something from crazy dave like fertilizer or something
6. Exit PvZ
7. Restart Steam in Online mode (File -- Go online)
8. Start PvZ and all your stuff should be there, buy something from crazy dave and exit the game
9. Re-Enable cloud support for PvZ
10. Launch PvZ and buy something again and exit, if all works well it should sync back up with the cloud
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.