PDA

View Full Version : whenever i play this game ...

DETHsDoor
08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
my tower sounds like it going to have lift off ,sounds like its my video card fan that doing the whirlin
gt 8800
I am afraid to play this if I can only play to level 4 before it recieves liftoff.
is there help?

SnowBrigade
08-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Hello DETHsDoor,

I have a 8800gt Nvidia on one of the PCs and played the game on that, didn't have any temperature issue.

It's true that there are a lot of polys being pushed by 100+ zombies, people tend to forget that, but looking at all the posts here on the forum I don't really see any videocard issues.

Have you tried using a temperature monitor program (such as gpu-z) to see the temps? High fan speed means high temperatures unless your driver is bad (Nvidia released one bad driver a few months ago). Any temps over 90 degrees celsius is potentially bad, less is okay.

DETHsDoor
08-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your reply..
This is the only game i get the high speed fan sound from,even bcbf2 doesnt do that unless i am sitting idle with something on my firebutton. But i have noticed once my fan hits these speed, Bcbf2, starts to have dynamic props (like boxes,Crates and pallets all floating aboot in a magically dance :cool:
ill try the driver thingy