PDA

View Full Version : Feedback & suggestions after 5 hours of gaming

Ikibotclay
08-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I played the demo, i liked it enough to pay 5 euro for it on midweek madness. So today i played a total of 5 hours and here is my feedback and suggestions i'd like to see in future updates.

Feedback suggestions:

In the Co-op friendslist screen it shouldn't list offline players, only online ones.
There should be a better indication when joining a hosted coop game.
Ping & difficulty setting in the hosted game screen preferred.
GUI needs better indication for grenades.
GUI needs a more distinctive timer bar for powerups.
GUI needs a more distinctive stamina bar pref. a different color and graphic.
Reloadbar lacks in design.
Friendly Fire should be an ON/OFF option in multiplayer.
Have a game option to 'only pickup better weapons' ON/OFF.
Add deathscream voice-overs when you die.
Different melee animations depending on weapon.

New content suggestions:

I would like to see an unlock for extra skins or more playable characters.
When your health is down to 10% it would be cool to hear the heartbeat of your character.
Persistent character would be great like keeping levels and choosing your starting inventory (maybe a new game mode).
Be the Last Man Standing 20 times in a multiplayer game you get a "Left for Dead" achievement.
Four player coop protect the VIP mode.

New game mode Night of the Dead:
Slow zombies, no crosshair (only lasersight or flashlight), friendly fire, you move slower (or maybe sprint option), forest map.

The game also needs more variation to succeed; objective based gameplay for instance. Not a bad game and has potential and is entertaining but it can be much more.

WaZzUp115
08-12-2010, 05:59 PM

How would this even work, who decides what weapon is the best?
There are a lot of weapons that are considered equal in strenght.

Nice list though, unlocks is something I've been arguing for before :D

JK_DA_KILLA
08-12-2010, 06:31 PM

How would this even work, who decides what weapon is the best?
There are a lot of weapons that are considered equal in strenght.

Nice list though, unlocks is something I've been arguing for before :D

A GUI where you could decide your own rankings of weapons would be one way ^^
Remember I've seen it in games like Red Faction (1 or 2) I think.

oxghostxo
08-12-2010, 09:46 PM
nice list i agree

SnowBrigade
08-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Hello Ikibotclay,

Nice list of suggestions, thanks:)

The gui changes you mention are very easy for us to do but we'll make them options in case some players want to keep the current look.

Some of the coop menu can be tweaked to be easier to understand (also suggested by some others)

Pickup better weapons on/off won't work unless we add a new gui mode where you can arrange your weapons like JK_DA_KILLA mentions.

I'm passing the content ideas along now.

WaZzUp115
08-13-2010, 02:25 AM
The deathscream would be really helpful in coop!
Also, adding a flashing skull indicator where the arrow is would be a nice touch..

RedSe7en
08-13-2010, 07:07 AM
A pause button for co-op games (maybe with a 5 second count down).

An option for the system to choose your perks for you at random?

Ever play gungame for CSS? Yeah, a mode designed like that!

A different game mode that allows you to keep your character level even after you exit out of a game?

A map that is long in length instead of your usual square playfield where you and your teammate have to go from one end to the other constantly to hit some sort of switch? You gotta move from one end to the other while covering eachother and hitting the switches that alternate sides. Score would be based on the amount of times you activated switches. Think of a baton race but only back and forth.

A defence map where you hold out a side of the map. Zombies can only come from in front of you and from the sides but not behind. Think of "Tower Defence in WC3"

A big ♥♥♥ boss mode where you and your friends have to fight an oversized slow moving but powerful boss with insane health. He gets stronger each wave.

A linear storyline mode? :D :D :D

Weather effects! Rain? Snow?

Would love to hear back from you SnowBrigade. But I know you must be busy :D

These changes could make your game the life of the LAN for both FPS and RTS gamers alike

roman2838
08-13-2010, 08:58 AM
The persistance idea has been posted long time ago and has been mostly rejected by the community (including me).
The reason is simple, the games aim is mainly beating highscores. So if you make an persistent inventory/persistent perks, there are two things happening:
1.) The obvious thing is, that players that have more playtime automatically get an advantage over new players. So getting highscores will be less skill(/luck) based.

2.) The variety in gameplay will suffer. Meaning: If you get you're favorite weapons/perks right away, there is no need to change anything. Since weapons and items spawn totally random, 2 rounds might play very different, because the player might be forced to use weapons/perks he's not that familliar with. This is an even more relevant apsect, since the game has been made hareder recently (and therefore the rounds have become shorter), so you don't "converge" to your favourite set-up anymore, which has been the case before they changed difficulty.

Therefore, I'm against giving the player any persistent weapons/perks.

christheimp
08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
The persistance idea has been posted long time ago and has been mostly rejected by the community (including me).
The reason is simple, the games aim is mainly beating highscores. So if you make an persistent inventory/persistent perks, there are two things happening:
1.) The obvious thing is, that players that have more playtime automatically get an advantage over new players. So getting highscores will be less skill(/luck) based.

2.) The variety in gameplay will suffer. Meaning: If you get you're favorite weapons/perks right away, there is no need to change anything. Since weapons and items spawn totally random, 2 rounds might play very different, because the player might be forced to use weapons/perks he's not that familliar with. This is an even more relevant apsect, since the game has been made hareder recently (and therefore the rounds have become shorter), so you don't "converge" to your favourite set-up anymore, which has been the case before they changed difficulty.

Therefore, I'm against giving the player any persistent weapons/perks.

I agree, persistent weapons/perks would make it less fun and challenging.

ColdSeer
08-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry, but persistent charachters would ruin the game, and probably take WAY too much time from DP, when they could be working in somenthing much more worth their time.