PDA

View Full Version : Plants vs Zombies "upgrade"

KnightED
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
This is not an upgrade why is it not optional?

They removed part of the game why is this forced on us?

MADDOGGE
08-12-2010, 06:47 PM
If you are going to cry, ♥♥♥♥♥, moan, and complain at least do the rest of us the courtesy of being specific. Don't expect us all to read your mind.

What specifically are you claiming has been removed, changed, whatever?

Scared
08-12-2010, 06:53 PM
If you are going to cry, ♥♥♥♥♥, moan, and complain at least do the rest of us the courtesy of being specific. Don't expect us all to read your mind.

The "Dancing Zombie" which many people thought represented Michael Jackson has been replaced with a horrible generic "disco zombie". It seems the Michael Jackson estate had an issue with it after he died and complained about it.

Croben
08-12-2010, 06:57 PM
The "Dancing Zombie" which many people thought represented Michael Jackson has been replaced with a horrible generic "disco zombie". It seems the Michael Jackson estate had an issue with it after he died and complained about it.

Which is kinda valid, imo. You are killing zombies, and it resembles MJ...

EDIT: oh, and they didn't want to risk getting sued. :p

Scared
08-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Which is kinda valid, imo. You are killing zombies, and it resembles MJ...

EDIT: oh, and they didn't want to risk getting sued. :p

Yea, but the game is 10 times less awesome now.

stryk3r
08-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I like to pretend that all of the zombies are Jackson's relatives and the house is Popcap headquarters.

kinkoblast
08-13-2010, 11:51 PM
I guess we'll just have to remember him for sexually abusing children, rather than awesome music videos.

It's what his lawyers want.

td3005
08-14-2010, 12:26 AM

I bet you are the only person who didnt know what he was complaining about.

Suomis
08-14-2010, 01:12 AM
They didnt REMOVE part of the game, they CHANGED a part of the game. There is a clear difference.

Arduin
08-14-2010, 03:21 AM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396875

How to bring back the original disco zombie!

Baron Of Hell
08-14-2010, 08:37 AM
The problem I have with this is I had my game marked as "do not update" and they updated it anyway.

Iconoclast XVII
08-14-2010, 08:59 AM
"They removed part of the game" umm... no they didn't. From a request of MJ's family, they changed something. The game still plays the same and unlike most the people complaining here, Popcap actually have some respect for people. Seriously, grow up people.

Baron Of Hell
08-14-2010, 09:07 AM
"They removed part of the game" umm... no they didn't. From a request of MJ's family, they changed something. The game still plays the same and unlike most the people complaining here, Popcap actually have some respect for people. Seriously, grow up people.

Popcap and Steam has every right to change the game. However, why do they have the right to force the update on people that don't want it. They could have offered this as a free expansion if they wanted.

Iconoclast XVII
08-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Like you said, they have every right to change the game. And maybe they didn't make it optional because it was a request from the guy's family so they forced it so the little 12 year old brats that don't know what "respect" is still have the change. Plus, FYI, it was changed BEFORE the GOTY version (at least on some platforms it was).

Omi_san
08-16-2010, 04:21 PM
What upgrade? This was a downgrade. They removed something from the game and the new "zombatars" are a f'ing joke.

Coraline Jones
08-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Here's what I found disappointing with the "upgrade":

* Only Game of the Year Edition which added no new content, just achievements and a downgraded version of the Zombitar.

* OK, so you want to replace the Dancer Zombie with another zombie, and then they decided on Disco Stu. That was your best choice, seriously?

* Zomboni's description turned into nothing but a shameless advertisement for Zamboni, "a registered trademark for the Frank J. Zamboni & Co." This change with the Dancing Zombie must prove that parody doesn't exist anymore and now we have to get approval for anything so no corporation/celebrity can have their feelings hurt.

in.meinem.turm.
08-16-2010, 10:24 PM
The problem I have with this is I had my game marked as "do not update" and they updated it anyway.
Why were you online in steam when you started the game then? Do not update stops steam from updating as long as you don't start the games while being online.

iTimmeh
08-16-2010, 11:56 PM
I do think it is rather over-sensitive if it was changed because he died. Are they going to order all copies of the Thriller video destroyed?

bigcow200
08-17-2010, 12:42 PM
I do think it is rather over-sensitive if it was changed because he died. Are they going to order all copies of the Thriller video destroyed?

yes cuz mj is dead

qbus
08-17-2010, 02:22 PM
If i was the MJ estate i would want them to get rid of that sega game were to pass a level you have "save?" little kids buy doing a pelvic thrust at them

CatzEyes93
08-18-2010, 08:36 AM
I miss the MJ zombie. It made the game so awesome. =( I even tried to 'create a new" zombie to match, but I failed miserably.

Bring back MJ!

EDIT: found something!
http://www.techknight.com/blog/2010/08/11/dancing-zombie-patch-put-dancing-zombie-back-into-plants-vs-zombies/

Baron Of Hell
08-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Why were you online in steam when you started the game then? Do not update stops steam from updating as long as you don't start the games while being online.

If that is true that is the stupidest system in the world. Only a moron would assume do not update meant do not update while offline. How hell is the game going to update while offline, Magic? Is the god damn tooth fairy going to use her magic wand to connect my computer while offline. Jesus freaking christ.

DoubleD
08-20-2010, 08:22 PM
They didnt REMOVE part of the game, they CHANGED a part of the game. There is a clear difference.

They changed the appearance of a zombie that has no effective change on the game play.

CatzEyes93
08-21-2010, 08:25 AM
I am happy to have mj back. But what is funny is that when he dies, his head turns into disco guy as the head pops off.

Funneh stuff if you ask me!

Ruthven78
08-23-2010, 11:25 PM
I bet you are the only person who didnt know what he was complaining about.

I didnt, and to me really, it is a tiny part of the whole game that doesnt ruin the game for me

what irritated me is most of my achievements went away

CatzEyes93
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
yeah... I completed a bunch of the achievements, but it doesnt show it. totally NOT gonna do them again.