PDA

View Full Version : My little annoyances in the game

PrinnyOverlord
08-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Haven't played a whole lot of PQ2 yet, but I've noticed a couple things that bother me. Nothing major, or game-breaking, but definitely annoying. First off, you have to wait for the "+Gold" and "+Exp" things to disappear from the screen, in order to move. Second, when you use a skill, you have to wait for the effect to disappear from the screen, to use another, for instance I'm playing an Assassin, and had 26 Blues, so I used my Sneak Attack 5 times, but it took about 5 seconds between uses, just because of the effect on the screen, whereas the first game was almost-instantaneous.
Anyway, as I said, nothing major, just some minor pet peeves I have with the game.

Moldavia
08-13-2010, 12:14 AM
so what your saying is you just want instant spells, instant action, instant everything? The whole point to all those actions is to make the game more interesting and give meaning to what your doing. Not like the actions really take a humongous amount of time to play out. This is the whole point to the new type of walking around and talking to people unlike PQ 1 which was quick everything for the most part. when you do a sequel you make it better not the same.

KyrenCross
08-13-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree ^_^, I keep clicking on my first gameplay thinking it was a bug or something.
I would also like to hear a more active or vibrant music when winning a match and in getting gold and exp. Winning a match does not seem that rewarding when I hear a church like victory music >_<. Well that's just me

PrinnyOverlord
08-13-2010, 12:47 AM
so what your saying is you just want instant spells, instant action, instant everything? The whole point to all those actions is to make the game more interesting and give meaning to what your doing. Not like the actions really take a humongous amount of time to play out. This is the whole point to the new type of walking around and talking to people unlike PQ 1 which was quick everything for the most part. when you do a sequel you make it better not the same.

You obviously missed my whole point. I think it is useless, when it takes 5 seconds in order to do an action after using a skill, and I don't see how instant action spells would kill anything in the game, since it's still the same amount of "meaning" all it does is waste less time. And I am not saying I hate the walking around, I am saying I should not have to wait for it to tell me "You get 100 gold!" "You get 150 experience!" "You have completed so-and-so-quest!" "You have gained a new quest!" in order to do anything. Even go into my inventory.

As I stated, these are merely pet peeves, definition of which being "a particular and often continual annoyance; personal bugbear", I'm not saying they should remake the game, and every single aspect, just some of the times could have been reduced. I don't see any harm in that.

mayo
08-13-2010, 12:50 AM
We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative (as long as its constructive!). Thanks PrinnyOverlord! :)

brokenguns25
08-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Haven't played a whole lot of PQ2 yet, but I've noticed a couple things that bother me. Nothing major, or game-breaking, but definitely annoying. First off, you have to wait for the "+Gold" and "+Exp" things to disappear from the screen, in order to move. Second, when you use a skill, you have to wait for the effect to disappear from the screen, to use another, for instance I'm playing an Assassin, and had 26 Blues, so I used my Sneak Attack 5 times, but it took about 5 seconds between uses, just because of the effect on the screen, whereas the first game was almost-instantaneous.
Anyway, as I said, nothing major, just some minor pet peeves I have with the game.

I agree. Those things are almost killing the game for me. I hope they change that soon as I could imagine this is gonna annoy the hell out of a lot of other people too.

Also, there should be options to allow the fastest possible game play experience. Like being able to skip versus screens and attack screens.

Other than that the game is pretty good.

Miths000
08-13-2010, 03:30 AM
I only had time to play two hours last night - spread between all classes - so the only annoyance I've run into so far is being forced to wait for the on-screen messages and the golden mist ("arrow") on the ground, before you can click on anything.

It's a pretty big annoyance however - it may just be a few seconds wait, but it happens so frequently (at least at the start of the game) and in a place where anyone used to playing a game with mouse and keyboard arguably wouldn't expect such a substantial pause.
This seems like an issue that forgot to take into account how much faster you can move the cursor around on screen in the PC version (I tried hooking up my 360 controller last night for a slightly more relaxed play style in general, but found it too slow and unwieldy after trying the mouse first).

Eliminating these pauses before you're allowed to click a character would be much appreciated.

AxoZombie
08-13-2010, 04:01 AM
First off, you have to wait for the "+Gold" and "+Exp" things
i like it, no problem to wait a lil bit, if they change, then make an option (on/off) for it,
it was only annoying at the beginning, when u make much quest in short time.

(playtime: 7 hours | lvl: 15)

Fatbubba
08-13-2010, 04:10 AM
First off, you have to wait for the "+Gold" and "+Exp" things to disappear from the screen, in order to move.
This annoys me as well. The thing that bothered me the most about this was that it wasn't obvious in the beginning that I was waiting for those messages to disappear. The first few times I was wondering whether it was a bug as well.

Oneironaut
08-13-2010, 04:53 AM
I agree with your complaints. I also play as an assassin and after getting a ton of blue mana, using the sneak attacks gets annoying.

Other minor complaints:
-I would like to skip the intro videos at the beginning of the game

-In the first puzzle quest for PC you could click and drag the mouse to move the gems. It only took me a few minutes to get acclimated to being unable to do that, but I still miss it.

Overall, the game is amazing, and I agree with the reviews I've read that it's an improvement over the first one. I was wary when I read that some of the RPG elements had been removed (mounts, capturing enemies) but so far I haven't really missed them.

bman654
08-13-2010, 05:29 AM
yep I have the same complaints. The delay after sneak attack is particularly annoying...the animation is usually done but the sound might still be going for another .5s and I'll click again but it is not "done" yet. Slows the gameplay down too much.

I'd also like to complain the game is too addictive. I wanted to goto bed early last night so thought I'd play for 15mins instead of starting up starcraft2. 3hrs later I was still saying "just one more fight..."

Phileosophos
08-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Agreed. I like all the animations and cool little bits, but I would much prefer the ability to continue at my own pace. It's irritating to sit there waiting for the quest pickup/dropoff to finish, to say nothing of the in-game spells.

Giblet01
08-13-2010, 01:04 PM
We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative (as long as its constructive!). Thanks PrinnyOverlord! :)

Who is we?..you are just a normal steam user by the looks of it.

Piggy01
08-13-2010, 02:05 PM
mayo works for Infinite Studios. He/She has been kind enough to listen to these gripes and I imagine will relay this info back to the appropriate parties.

I agree with PrinnyOverlord about the waiting times after completing a quest. It's a nice feature, but it shouldn't stop you from progressing to the next action.

PrinnyOverlord
08-13-2010, 04:14 PM
One other thing I noticed, is the item tool tips are picky, as to when they will pop up, in the inventory. Sometimes I have to move the pointer off it, then back on it a few times to get it to tell me what it does (Cost to use it, and the effect it gives).

brokenguns25
08-13-2010, 04:35 PM
One other thing I noticed, is the item tool tips are picky, as to when they will pop up, in the inventory. Sometimes I have to move the pointer off it, then back on it a few times to get it to tell me what it does (Cost to use it, and the effect it gives).

Same problem here too and it's damn annoying.

Fumarole
08-13-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd like to see an option to automatically move through a door/to next area when clicking once instead of having to click it a second time to confirm. I can see the value of this when clicking on a friend or a foe, but on a space that only has one possible function it is needless.

I also get the inventory pointer not working deal sometimes. This is particularly annoying when shopping.

It's a great game though, hopefully to become better with future support.

Giblet01
08-13-2010, 07:42 PM
mayo works for Infinite Studios. He/She has been kind enough to listen to these gripes and I imagine will relay this info back to the appropriate parties.

Where is your 'Infinite Interactive' green tag under your name mayo? It makes it look nice.

bman654
08-13-2010, 08:30 PM
well I modded some files to make the "you earned xp/gold" "you have a new quest" messages fly by real quick and get rid of the delay before you can move again. I also reduced the delay after casting a spell like Sneak Attack. If someone knows how to package it up as a mod, let me know and I'll upload it somewhere.

Fatdude
08-14-2010, 02:54 AM
Well bman654 you can tell us which files you modified.Its probably files in the assets.zip so if you upload the files we can put them in our assets.zip file to get them to work

brokenguns25
08-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Bman could single handedly make this game much more awesome by modding in extra options like he did with Ufo:Extraterrestrials.

Sansha
08-14-2010, 05:25 AM
After seeing bman's post I decided to look for these files as the Sneak Attack delay was my biggest gripe with playing an Assassin. I could not find the quest related messages, but I did manage to edit the spell's animation speed.

The file (SneakAttack.Lua) is available here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YDA6LP7B). Place it inside the \Assets\Scripts\Spells\ folder in your Assets.zip file, overwriting the existing file. Keep in mind that I only briefly tested this change. I do not know if there are any abnormal effects with the animation, although I doubt so.

Should you wish to edit the files yourself, you'll need Lua. The Windows binaries can be found here (http://code.google.com/p/luaforwindows/).