PDA

View Full Version : The Apocalypse Bug

Komah
08-13-2010, 12:16 AM
So my mate Carien and myself were playing the Barricade map on Co-Op, we had been going for 1 hour 50 minutes and were kicking ♥♥♥ with no signs of stopping. Someone on my ventrilo server asked me to alt + tab out so we paused the game (I wasn't the host), I dealt with ventrilo, and we came back in. Suddenly, the entire screen went red and white with Apocalypse strikes and grenade explosions... and didn't stop. Needless to say I crashed (And didn't get any credit for my nearly two hour run damnit - really frustrating). The explosions kept going on until Carien killed himself to preserve our hard work but.. The bug was an epic, epic bug.

So, I give you the Nation Red "Apocalypse" Bug (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM44psoEl2A). Do forgive the quality, because alt+tabbing when hosting does tend to crash the game we couldn't get proper recording software running.

So... Enjoy! <.<;

Edit: (Reposted to fix title >.>; )

EnsignBlue
08-13-2010, 01:31 AM
My brother and I had this happen too. Probably the greatest bug in co-op. I think it's when someone disconnects unexpectedly but has the vengeance perk on, so the game just repeatedly believes the disconnected player to be always dying.

WaZzUp115
08-13-2010, 02:07 AM
My brother and I had this happen too. Probably the greatest bug in co-op. I think it's when someone disconnects unexpectedly but has the vengeance perk on, so the game just repeatedly believes the disconnected player to be always dying.

That makes sense :P

This makes me think of the airstrike powerup, wasn't it going to be in one of the latest patches?

Komah
08-13-2010, 04:58 AM
It could be due to dying with Vengeance.. Though at the time of pausing I was certainly alive (I was the only one with the Veng. perk). This actually happened just before both of our fully upgraded Hand of God perks went off. I was also in the game for a solid three minutes though before I finally crashed out.

Though, I'd like to add, even when pausing the game the effect was still happening.. So the entire screen would be pulsing red and/or spend two minutes running like a slide show before normalizing <.<;