PDA

View Full Version : How to reload & upgrade sentry guns (Barricade Mode)

Syncourt
08-13-2010, 03:49 AM
I've noticed a lot of players online don't notice/know how to use the 4 permanant sentry guns in barricade mode. There is one on each corner of the barricade and you can actually upgrade and reload these by simply standing on top of them.

The Red bar indicates the ammunition in the gun. If the bar is flashing, the sentry is either out of ammo or still in the middle of reloading.

The Gray bar indicates the upgrade status of the sentry. When it is full they will upgrade into weapon stations (a more powerful form of turret).

They are also especially handy for helping with the bosses later in when they get really tough to kill.

And for anybody curious as to what the two red bars are above your gun in the UI are, they indicate the ammunition remaining between the sentry guns.

Thought some of you might want to know.

mystrdat
08-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Well yeah, that's how it is. +rep for being helpful to people.

SnowBrigade
08-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Yes thanks Syncourt,

This should almost be a sticky like the weapon lock which a lot of people don't know about, even though we've got messages about it popping up in-game.

RivitingOne
08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Thank you! This is the exact post I was coming here to make! Those guns being upgraded and maintained with ammo are the key to quickly getting rid of bosses. :)

T@F
08-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I should have gone to spec savers as i missed the pop up as well lol.
anyway thanks for the tip:D
+rep

ColdSeer
08-13-2010, 01:28 PM
I already knew about that, but that's definitely a nice did.
+rep

RivitingOne
08-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Sticky request!!!:D

Oliolli
08-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks, this will probably turn out useful.

+rep

Is there any threads that give overall tips/such to new players or people who havent noticed something? If not, someone should make one. Maybe Rhylo could make it :D

Syncourt
08-14-2010, 01:13 AM
I may write one up over the next few days if nobody else does/offers. Though I'm a little busy atm working on my own starcraft 2 custom map so it might be a bit before I find the time to do so.