PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Weapon?

Fetti4MyYeti
08-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Game has a fairly large amount of weapons to be used, there are defiantly a lot of good ones. But there are a small few that i really despise and hate when i accidentally pick up those.
Least fav by far is the Magnum Revolver, yea its strong but its slow rate of fire and low ammo get me killed really quickly when i use it.
Not sure what shotgun it is but i think it is the shorty shotgun, good burst but it runs out of ammo in a instant. Always find myself reloading then getting surrounded real quick.

JK_DC
08-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Anything but the AK47 and M240. Those are really nice when fully upgraded.

Brumick
08-14-2010, 05:47 PM
The Super Shorty is probably my least liked one. My favourites are definitly the minigun and the Mac 10.

ColdSeer
08-14-2010, 06:51 PM
The (Input numbers and letters here) shotgun (the normal one, with 6 shots) is definitely my least favorite weapon.
It doesn't have the power or reload speed SuperShorty does, and it's clip size doesn't make up for it.

Nobody really uses shotguns in the game, as main weapons, that is. I think...
But yeah, if I had to use a shotgun, I'd use the SuperShorty.

EnsignBlue
08-14-2010, 07:01 PM
The Magnum is hands-down the most useless weapon in the game.

roman2838
08-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Nobody really uses shotguns in the game, as main weapons, that is. I think...
You're wrong, I love the AA-12, and the jackhammer is quite shotgunesque and quite nice.

RvLeshrac
08-14-2010, 09:27 PM
The Magnum is hands-down the most useless weapon in the game.

The Magnum is far more useful than the M79.

RivitingOne
08-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Have to disagree with the M79 assessment. A well perked M79, while not the best weapon by far, is fairly devastating. I always keep one as my alternate weapon for when I see a no reload powerup. If you don't know what I'm talking about try it some time :) Godly

Smoglet
08-14-2010, 10:30 PM
The new minigun is way over powered and the nade launcher is pointless even with the mid-air explode upgrade(unless you are going for the achievment) and yeah the magnum is pretty useless BUT worth playing with if you want a challenge.

So I guess I have two most disliked weapons because the magnum is still OK.

Oh and nerf the damn minigun because it's too OP ! ... 8-)

LePeureux
08-14-2010, 11:13 PM
The new minigun is way over powered and the nade launcher is pointless even with the mid-air explode upgrade(unless you are going for the achievment) and yeah the magnum is pretty useless BUT worth playing with if you want a challenge.

So I guess I have two most disliked weapons because the magnum is still OK.

Oh and nerf the damn minigun because it's too OP ! ... 8-)

Minigun is OP?Add me on Steam (LePeureux/Pouletslayer).
I really want to see how many waves of barricade mode you can survive with the 'OP' minigun :cool:

andyman614
08-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Also disagree with the M79 being useless. Great for crowd control with the right perks. And of course, with the no reload powerup...those zombies are in some deep ♥♥♥♥.

Smoglet
08-15-2010, 01:12 AM
I really want to see how many waves of barricade mode you can survive with the 'OP' minigun :cool:

Sorry I have enough friends already and I don't play multiplayer but I am more than happy to supply a screen shot if that will suffuce? Yes it's OP and YES it's made the game too easy with the minimum of perks.

http://www.sparklewebdesign.com/nrscore.png

That was done a done a couple days ago though I am sure if you check you will find it's about right, it's just a pity I don't screen shot more often though.;)

xX_Renegade_Xx
08-15-2010, 01:37 AM
I don't dislike any, if it does the job and keeps me alive it'll do for me :p

Syncourt
08-15-2010, 02:38 AM
Least fav by far is the Magnum Revolver, yea its strong but its slow rate of fire and low ammo get me killed really quickly when i use it.

This needs a faster reload IMO. The rate of fire and power I can deal with, but the reload time is too long that it takes just as long as shooting out all your bullets.

Not sure what shotgun it is but i think it is the shorty shotgun, good burst but it runs out of ammo in a instant. Always find myself reloading then getting surrounded real quick.

When combined with quick fingers and dexterity, the super shorty is a force to be reckoned with against bosses. Not so good for the zombies though.

The Magnum is far more useful than the M79.

The M79 is one of the more useful weapons in the game, Especially in freeplay mode. Most of the zombies are cluttering up while chasing you and you can pop one shell into the pack and wipe out like 30+ zombies in one shot. Also can help against bosses where it can knock them backwards or slow them down. Great for penetrating past zombies to get to a boss too.

The new minigun is way over powered
You kidding? I found the minigun to be weak compared to the AK47. And the mini-gun is supposedly meant to be the strongest weapon in the game but with a movement speed nerf.

OT:
The weapons I don't like are the magnum as (stated above), the MP5, single/dual uzis, AA-12 (weapons fine, I just don't like the reload time. I dislike pretty much any weapon that has a longer reload time that what it takes a zombie to sprint in off the edge of the screen and hit you, or a longer reload than what it takes to fire the bullets off again.

Favs - AK47, Minigun, M79. (and pretty much all I will ever use late game.)

Fetti4MyYeti
08-15-2010, 09:00 AM
thx for realizing and feeling me out. LETS PLZ DO NOT SAY NERF CAUSE IT CAN BE A TERRIBLE THING PLZ THX
I say improve these weapons instead of nerfing others(so you know, people wont always want to use one weapon), like giving the Magnum Revolver the ability to upgrade its ammo to flame rounds or ice rounds or something. Would be cool to add those particular things to a skill tree in this game so people would play differently. (im aware that this would be good amount of recoding so i dont expect nething of that level)
I am shocked some dont like the M79, that has to be one of my favorite weapons. I always instantly lock with it as my primary, but it can really depend on your partner too. If the other person has a mini gun and can cut them off i can clear the smaller patches, the horde can have a hard time getting close. And yes, when that no reload power up drops, im all over it like the hair on my back :D)
I would like to see the flamethrower have a airblast, i want to like it but it just seem like it doesnt have enough kick to takem down. Needs a buff imo and def so does the Magnum, shotguns (some not all) need a buff also

LePeureux
08-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Sorry I have enough friends already and I don't play multiplayer but I am more than happy to supply a screen shot if that will suffuce? Yes it's OP and YES it's made the game too easy with the minimum of perks.

http://www.sparklewebdesign.com/nrscore.png

That was done a done a couple days ago though I am sure if you check you will find it's about right, it's just a pity I don't screen shot more often though.;)

Oh, singleplayer....
Its like co-op but its just 10 times easier.
Trust me you would not survive for 1h40m in co-op.

Syncourt
08-15-2010, 10:32 AM
I would like to see the flamethrower have a airblast, i want to like it but it just seem like it doesnt have enough kick to takem down. Needs a buff imo and def so does the Magnum, shotguns (some not all) need a buff also

I agree with you there. The flamethrower needs a longer range I think where as the magnum needs a quicker reload time and the shotuns/M79 could with a bit quicker reload (seeing you need to do it so often).

I like the M79 a lot but it's still a mile off the AK in my eyes. Its a lot less useful in barricade mode where they don't group up so easily and it doesn't cut the reload speed to defend against a lot of runners and its pretty hard at times to juggle between bosses and zombies coming from all directions there too.

Trashcantoy
08-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Magnum, god i hate that gun.

M240, dual uzi, minigun, nailgun and the jack/steam hammers are my favs (esp m204! :D). flamethrower is nice too but sucks hard against bosses.

Fetti4MyYeti
08-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I like the M79 a lot but it's still a mile off the AK in my eyes. Its a lot less useful in barricade mode where they don't group up so easily and it doesn't cut the reload speed to defend against a lot of runners and its pretty hard at times to juggle between bosses and zombies coming from all directions there too.

Yea it is situational, in co-op its great, but not so hot when your by yourself. You get surrounded quickly and die to fast :( Would love to see one of these badboys (http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/asia/china/weapons/lg3_40mm_grenade_launcher/pictures/lg3_40mm_grenade_launcher_Norinco_China_Chinese_Ar my_001.jpg) i know its not meant to be carried around but then again, neither is a mini gun for the average person (with full ammo and battery its around 90 pounds) would prob not be able to carry it far for to long

BagofSnakes
08-15-2010, 12:51 PM

I ranked 500 with the minigun in barricade without trying... and it was mainly because those sentry guns suck ♥♥♥ and let 1 freakin zombie by. I could've made to the top 100 if I kept going.

Syncourt
08-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I ranked 500 with the minigun in barricade without trying... and it was mainly because those sentry guns suck ♥♥♥ and let 1 freakin zombie by. I could've made to the top 100 if I kept going.

500 is really quite low for the leaderboards. Make the 100 then we will talk ;) Or better yet, take it into freeplay where the difficulty is ramped up to late barricade pretty quick. It's slow speed and reload combined with wind-up can cause quite a few accidents compared to most weapons. You can barely even move with the minigun.

Syncourt
08-15-2010, 01:02 PM

500 is really quite low for the leaderboards. Make the 100 then we will talk 'somewhat' ;) It's slow speed and reload combined with wind-up can cause quite a few accidents compared to most weapons. You can barely even move with the minigun.

LePeureux
08-15-2010, 01:15 PM
500 is really quite low for the leaderboards. Make the 100 then we will talk 'somewhat' ;) It's slow speed and reload combined with wind-up can cause quite a few accidents compared to most weapons. You can barely even move with the minigun.

Thats why you need the perk to ignore weapon's weight + Quick fingers

Syncourt
08-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Thats why you need the perk to ignore weapon's weight + Quick fingers

Sadly atm it doesn't work quite like that. Especially being that at the moment the movement benefit for the minigun with improved loadout is near un-noticable (if it even works at all).

Quick fingers only helps so much even with dexterity. Not enough for the minigun but that is a good drawback for its power (which I would like to see increased to a better DPS than the AK). Zoomed out completely on mine (1920x1080 not sure if i see more or not) a running zombie can make it from outside the screen up to you during the reload period. Making long reloading weapons like the minigun very risky choices as your main weapon.

An AK47 still deals more DPS to a boss zombie than the minigun does and it has a quick reload plus fast movement. The only reason to take the minigun as it is is to take out a lot of standard zombies with each clip if it gets hectic. But if your getting chased around by bosses later in, minigun will just get you killed.

Like I said, give it a shot in freeplay. If you can make it past level 10 using just the minigun, then I will be impressed.