PDA

View Full Version : Why don't my weapons hit anything?

Trenchgun
08-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I've got 15 points in this one handed blunt skill, but no matter how many times I swing I never seen to land hits.

FunkyF15
08-14-2010, 05:36 PM
i think you have like a 15% chance and some insignificant bonus from luck, Use a weapon which has a skill closer to 30 or higher

EnsignBlue
08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
There is no miss animation in this game, so when you miss it looks like you did a proper swing on a creature just with no result.

Trenchgun
08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't understand how that works unless I was fighting higher level stuff. Because I tried rapidly hitting as fast as I could and still the hits would not register.

I'm literally on the first mission to crawl into this dwarven dungeon and I can't kill the stuff here so it can't be that overpowered.

I'm playing a witch hunter so I guess I need to be using my bow instead of my mace?

The problem is I'm out of gold and the only bow I have is a summoned bow.... It's a good bow but I run out of magicka and don't know how to recharge it without going to sleep. Not an option when crawling through a dungeon.

Asuterisuku
08-15-2010, 10:01 AM
The thing about Morrowind is that unlike Oblivion - where if you're close enough and pointed the right direction, you score a hit (A little lame, admittedly, though Deadly Reflex makes it better) - the game rolls a die every time you swing your weapon, and chance determines whether or not you strike a hit. Increasing your proficiency with that weapon (or no weapon at all; my first playthrough was as a Monk) improves your chances, as does keeping your fatigue (the green bar) high, and your encumbrance low, but even with a skill of 100, there's no guarantee that you'll hit... It's just insanely more likely. Indeed, when you start out, you should be using a weapon with which you have a higher skill level at the start. You should have bought a longbow in Seyda Neen if you're playing Witchhunter.

seanfitz1624
09-17-2010, 03:20 AM
I'm literally on the first mission to crawl into this dwarven dungeon and I can't kill the stuff here so it can't be that overpowered.

It's exactly that overpowered. You're not actually meant to be doing the main quest straight off. You needed to read what Casius says to you. He says you need training and an identity. You'd want to at least be the grandmaster of some faction before you go off to do the main quest.

leadingrunner
09-17-2010, 06:23 AM
!!!AGILITY!!!
Whenever I hear complaints about not hitting targets I think
!!!AGILITY!!!

also, 15pts is pretty bad for a weapon skill. Go see a trainer.

amnesiasoft
01-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah, 15 points is absolutely awful. You might as well be blind.

tedmani
01-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Morrowind - You're fatigue is drained...
Oblivion - Well how the hell can you miss here O.o

MrSmit
01-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Like every one else said, pump up your Skill for that weapon and your Agility. Also, the more fatigue you have, the better chance of hitting there is.

capitalsown
01-15-2011, 11:20 AM
There is no miss animation in this game, so when you miss it looks like you did a proper swing on a creature just with no result.

Not the entire truth. There IS no miss animation, you are right, but you should mention that there is a miss SOUND.

Masterblasta
05-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I've got 15 points in this one handed blunt skill, but no matter how many times I swing I never seen to land hits.

You won't hit anything with 15 points. Try at least 30.

Inverness Moon
06-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Morrowind is more realistic than Oblivion when it comes to hitting with weapons, even though it is more frustrating. Just because you try to hit something with your sword (and you're aiming it in the right place) doesn't mean the enemy won't dodge or something, which is what Morrowind simulates.

mobilpcguru
06-15-2011, 07:03 AM
use magic it is soooo much more reliable.

ProudTiger
06-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Morrowind is more realistic than Oblivion when it comes to hitting with weapons, even though it is more frustrating. Just because you try to hit something with your sword (and you're aiming it in the right place) doesn't mean the enemy won't dodge or something, which is what Morrowind simulates.

My rat doesn't move an inch and I still can't get a hit in.
Sorry mate but Oblivion is way better with combat and I reckon Skyrim will be even better again.

I hate reading pages and pages of text in Morrowind too.
Gives me a headache.