PDA

View Full Version : Enemies are constantly blocking my attacks..

Xerion
08-14-2010, 07:29 PM
My weapon attacks, my spells! It's really annoying me at this point because I end up doing half damage 90% of the time while they continue to do full damage to me..
Is there anything I can do about this? Anyone got some tips? Apparently I just suck at this game. xD

Oneironaut
08-14-2010, 07:54 PM
There are spells that lower the enemy's defense. Also the poison weapons completely bypass it, I've been using that to great effect on my Assassin.

Trojax2010
08-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah as a barbarian I always rely on my Tribal spells and the roar that knocks defense down 75%. Barbarians seem to have to buff a lot... I wish you could get Beserk Rage earlier like you could in the first game. Stomp is alright though.

eyehate
08-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Debuff them.

This game has much better attacks than PQ1, those matches could last for twenty minutes. Constant blocking and whatnot.

Just pour on the DPS with weapon strikes and poisons or any kind of harmful trick you have up your sleeve.

And make sure to keep all your weapons and armor upgraded.

amonkoth
08-15-2010, 06:41 AM
My main is a Rogue , im in the 3th floor , with 2daggers , its a joke on hard mode.

I recently tested Paladin though . He has no way to bypass massive defense via % reductions . Hes level 9 and fight take 2x more than with the rogue. Ok at some point hes impenetrable and just feel right to be using daggers as a paladin lol

Xerion
08-16-2010, 01:07 AM
I should have specified that i'm using a Mage.. Any Mage tips? :0

Cerritus
08-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Assassin - Pressure Points.
Sorceror - Mirrorshield.
Barbarian - Barbaric Roar.
Templar - Overshadow.

I often find that the opponent blocking doesn't stop you winning, just slows you down. Only monsters such as the Vampiric Mist that reduce your damage by more than half really call for a defence reduction.