PDA

View Full Version : Fragile alliance questions

Die_Angel
08-16-2010, 01:58 PM
This seems to be fun, if we overlook the horrible matchmaking system , the lack of text chat and the impossible to mute voice chat. I'm trying to refine my strategies:

-What is the advantage of being a traitor? My understanding is that you do not split the money with the other players, am i right? But how is the money split if you play nice?

-What benefit do i have to give 50% of my money to the driver in order to leave early, beside being labeled as traitor.

-Likewise, what is the interest of asking the driver to "wait".

-Killing an ally makes you a traitor, but from this point you usually will not survive very long, i can see the interest of killing someone to take his cash, but how are you going to survive when everybody sees over your head that you are a traitor?

Morosi
08-16-2010, 02:15 PM
This seems to be fun, if we overlook the horrible matchmaking system , the lack of text chat and the impossible to mute voice chat. I'm trying to refine my strategies:

-What is the advantage of being a traitor? My understanding is that you do not split the money with the other players, am i right? But how is the money split if you play nice?

-What benefit do i have to give 50% of my money to the driver in order to leave early, beside being labeled as traitor.

-Killing an ally makes you a traitor, but from this point you usually will not survive very long, i can see the interest of killing someone to take his cash, but how are you going to survive when everybody sees over your head that you are a traitor?
well tbh if you kill someone at the start of the round and become a traitor, that is foolish. Getting to the car in one piece whilst your teammates try to gun you down, is not an easy task. You need to pick your moment. The best time to become a traitor is when the van is about to arrive.
As for splitting the cash with the driver. I guess there is no point really, apart from annoying your teammates, and trying to prevent them from getting any cash.
As for being a traitor, I guess it all depends on the person though. I tried it the other day. We were both waiting for the van, and I shot him in the back, before taking all his cash and leaving. I felt kinda bad afterwards but that's just me.

Poal
08-16-2010, 02:16 PM

You get more money if you betray. Also if you go traitor, you'd probably do it when there are 3-4 players, and try to be the last one alive. It's dumb to betray your team if everyone's alive. It's best if there are 2-3 people left running to the van, you kill them, and take their money. They are dead so they don't get a cut of the money. Also the more money you have at the end of the round, the more 'points' you get towards getting a higher rank. One time, I leveled up 2 ranks from one game, because I got all 4mill alone in the end of the 3rd round.

You get away faster. It's only good if you're ALREADY a traitor and your team wants your ♥♥♥, so this way you'll actually survive the round instead of waiting. Also if you're the last one alive, and there are 3-4 cops there, they can blow up the van if you just wait around.

You get a bonus in cash if you escape with more people. Making them wait helps your team get in the van sooner and prevents people from become traitors or getting killed[Though it'd be nice to be able to GET OUT if I see my whole team spraying the van and I'm alone in it...]

Like I said in the beginning, it's only good if you're amazingly skilled and can kill your whole team, or if there's 2-3 people left, and you can outgun them. It's stupid to betray your team if everyone's alive, but it's good if it's just you and a guy waiting for the van[And that happens A LOT].

Also, as a side-note, there are fire-extinguishers and propane tanks which usually insta-kill people after they explode. I've seen them DESTROY the van before. It's usually a good idea to blow them up before the van arrives. Unless you want to betray your team. Just throw it at the back of the van and BOOM, half/most of the team is dead. ;)

Die_Angel
08-16-2010, 02:22 PM
I've been reading that your name doesn't display permanently only if you took damage or something, wouldn't it work to use the "f" key to grab one of the straglers and pop one in his head discretely?.

Poal
08-16-2010, 02:26 PM
-I've been reading that your name doesn't display permanently only if you took damage or something,

Your name displays above your head to the other 'side'. If you're a cop and shoot the robbers, his name will display for a little, the more damage you did, the longer it displays. It helps your 'side' find enemies. That's all it really does though.

-wouldn't it work to use the "f" key to grab one of the straglers and pop one in his head discretely?.

Doesn't work like that, sadly. I was hoping silenced guns would do that, but nope. Grabbing someone AUTOMATICALLY labels you a traitor, even if you let them go. It sucks, really. Also, if you grab a player-character and pop his head, he'll just fall down, he won't be instantly killed. He'll probably open fire on you and it'll make a huge racket.

Some of the "Balancing" implementations sort of take away from the 'fun' of it I guess...You probably won't be playing it like the game/movie The Thing, where you can kill people off slowly without everyone else noticing. Though, I think in Undercover Cop mode you can kill people without being labeled a traitor.

Poal
08-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I guess it all depends on the person though. I know that if I backstabbed my teammate I would feel kinda bad. I tried it the other day. We were both waiting for the van, and I shot him in the back, before taking all his cash and leaving. I felt kinda guilty afterwards but that's just me.

I have that same issue. It's sort of a mixed up 'trust issue' I have. I get super-paranoid when I'm alone with just one person, I always watch him, always turn around every couple of seconds, don't let him get close or behind me...

But at the same time, I find it hard to betray a team-mate, especially at the end. It's not 'guilt', it's more of, that I feel, they helped me fight through the cops to THIS point, why should I kill them? They helped me, they don't deserve to die.

Honestly, I even forget people who 'accidentally' start shooting at me. Even if they GRAB me, I don't shoot back unless my whole team does, or if they down me. Kinda weird I guess.

Morosi
08-16-2010, 02:37 PM
I have that same issue. It's sort of a mixed up 'trust issue' I have. I get super-paranoid when I'm alone with just one person, I always watch him, always turn around every couple of seconds, don't let him get close or behind me...

But at the same time, I find it hard to betray a team-mate, especially at the end. It's not 'guilt', it's more of, that I feel, they helped me fight through the cops to THIS point, why should I kill them? They helped me, they don't deserve to die.

Honestly, I even forget people who 'accidentally' start shooting at me. Even if they GRAB me, I don't shoot back unless my whole team does, or if they down me. Kinda weird I guess.
exactly my thoughts. I guess it feels like it's legal griefing. I don't know if I would have in me to backstab someone, after they have helped me kill cops throughout the entire round. I tried it once and I felt shameful.

Poal
08-16-2010, 02:40 PM
exactly my thoughts. I guess it feels like it's legal griefing. I don't know if I would have in me to backstab someone, after they have helped me kill cops throughout the entire round. I tried it once and I felt shameful.

Another issue I have with back-stabbing is the fact that there are 3 rounds.

One time I backstabbed someone at the end of the 2nd round[It was just me and him], killed him got his money and got away.

Round 3 starts, my WHOLE team guns me down at the start and they go on with the level.

I guess it's just 'part of the game', but I don't want to back-stab because I'm scared there will be a sore-loser who will gun me down at the start of each level because I betrayed him once. I only backstab in the 3rd round since at that point, well, I'm leaving and going to join another game, so screw it.

I mean, one time I was using the shotty, killing cops, and this idiot runs in front of me, and I accidentally down him with one shot. I instantly run back and apologize. Towards the end of the level[The balcony before the street with the cops and ♥♥♥♥], he guns me down and says I shouldn't have shot him, even though I did it on accident and didn't try to kill him.

Morosi
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Another issue I have with back-stabbing is the fact that there are 3 rounds.

One time I backstabbed someone at the end of the 2nd round[It was just me and him], killed him got his money and got away.

Round 3 starts, my WHOLE team guns me down at the start and they go on with the level.

I guess it's just 'part of the game', but I don't want to back-stab because I'm scared there will be a sore-loser who will gun me down at the start of each level because I betrayed him once. I only backstab in the 3rd round since at that point, well, I'm leaving and going to join another game, so screw it.

I mean, one time I was using the shotty, killing cops, and this idiot runs in front of me, and I accidentally down him with one shot. I instantly run back and apologize. Towards the end of the level[The balcony before the street with the cops and ♥♥♥♥], he guns me down and says I shouldn't have shot him, even though I did it on accident and didn't try to kill him.
true, good point. Anyway I'm more looking forward to undercover cop than Fragile Alliance tbh. It will make you paranoid not knowing who the cop is. You might end up suspecting the wrong person and gunning him down. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and would make a very tense game.

Poal
08-16-2010, 03:00 PM
true, good point. Anyway I'm more looking forward to undercover cop than Fragile Alliance tbh. It will make you paranoid not knowing who the cop is. You might end up suspecting the wrong person and gunning him down. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and would make a very tense game.

I just hope silenced weapons have a BENEFIT. Especially in Fragile Alliance. I'd love to be able to kill a team-mate while my team is far away with a silenced shotty/SMG and no one is able to hear it, meaning I'm not labeled a traitor. I think it's ridiculous that I'm labeled a traitor if I kill someone across the map when no one would obviously see me.

But I guess the quietness of them will come in-to play in Undercover Cop mode. But oh well.

Die_Angel
08-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Anyone has details on how the masks will work? IF they do anything.

DeadStars
08-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Can you set up your own game lobbies with friends or is it completely random?

elixenie
08-17-2010, 08:52 AM
- How many maps, and who chooses them?

- Can the match length vary? Is everything 4 minutes long?

- Is Arcade mode any good?

- Is there auto-aim in multi? What about on consoles?

(I almost bought this for PS3 yesterday. but spaced out and accidentally looked up the first game on Metacritic. Yikes! But I kind of prefer auto-aim in games with auto-cover, especially on consoles because I accidentally the pixels.)

- Is K&L1 multiplayer still alive?

Poal
08-17-2010, 08:54 AM
- Is K&L1 multiplayer still alive?

I can only answer this. NO. Do NOT buy it for the multiplayer. I did that last month. NO servers at ALL.