PDA

View Full Version : early crash ( Vista 64 )

Tozzifan
08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi,
just installed, the game crashes on Prologue as soon as I descend into the lower floor under the library

I have no idea how to work around this early problem

thanks for any help

Tozzifan
08-18-2010, 03:47 PM
although with its native glitches, the game is correctly working on XP32

CW6
09-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Is this where you open the trap door and there are screams from down there? The game always crashes when I try to go down the ladder. And I use XP :(

Someone told me to deactivate one processor in the task manager but this didn't work eihter. No Idea how to solve that problem, really too bad, the game seems to be very cool and I just can't play it :(

Tozzifan
09-09-2010, 09:24 AM
the game is hugely interesting, despite getting mad with all bugs ... regarding your case, I would not say it's hardware related, because CoC that did not work in Vista64 for me, then it worked in XP32 on the same PC

Zalamel
09-22-2010, 04:05 AM
This was happening to me as well, and after a little searching I found out how to bypass this bug.

All you need to do is open the trap door as usual, but about half way down the ladder, stop and leap off the ladder and onto the stairs below. Jack will slide down the stairs (Which break) and you can continue playing! I haven't had a bug since.

Hope it works for you,
Good luck.