PDA

View Full Version : Patch anytime soon ?

MAD007
08-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I purchased this game about 2 weeks ago at the hefty price of 49.99$. I have not been able to play more than 1/2 hour. This game is littered with horrendous graphical issues making it impossible to play even at the lowest possible settings...

I know that there's a patch out there available to fix some of these problems. When is Steam going to attend to its gaming community and release the F***ing patch !

Sincerely
MAD007

MAD007
08-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, well, Well...

I guess I owe Steam an apology about the patch...

I have fixed the horrendous Graphical issues on this game a lot of other gaming related issues on my system. I’m posting here to try and help others that are having difficulties or similar problems on Win7 32/64 systems.

- Frequent crashes to desktop
- NVIDIA driver has stopped responding error (grrrr...I hated this one)
- Blue screens
- Weird Graphical issues which make the game unplayable

These problems all went away when I reinstalled DIRECTX 9.0C on my Win7 64 a few days ago. Here’s what I found out about the DirectX 10/11 that comes with all Win7 OS. I got this information off a forum post, it might be wrong. But it did fixe all my issues.

If a game needs to use DirectX 9 on Win7 it’s confronted with a version which does not contain all available dX9 files. Instead, it has a mix of dX9 & compatible dX10/11 files. I guess these Dx10/11 files aren’t that compatible after all... So, to rectify this, you can try installing a full version of dX9 on your system.

I got my Dx9.0c package here: http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

Here are other things you can do as well:

- Update video card drivers
- Update motherboard Bios
- Update motherboard Chipset software
- Make sure your antivirus isn’t setup to scan your Steam folder or other game folders. This can have horrible effects while playing.

I hope this helps others.