PDA

View Full Version : Addons help :(

Sleigher103
08-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Im trying to install this addon
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7356
the problem is that when I try to edit the shortcut it says the path is invalid, I dont know why.
"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe -mod=@adhelos"
that is my target line

Sleigher103
08-20-2010, 07:49 AM
btw, i have combined ops

7th_Serf
08-20-2010, 10:31 AM
where are you changing your command line? With Steam you can set your launch options in the following way;
Open Steam
Open your game list
right click on your game
click on properties
click on launch options
a window opens up; put in your mod line like this -mod=@adhelos
close it (or save it I don't have my game in front of me)
launch your game from the launcher.

The mod will automatically load. You can also set other 'switches' in the launch options window -CpuCount= -noSplash (my favorite) etc. There is a listing somewhere...I think it was under Arma launch options (google it). This allows you to add upto 9 mods in the command line.

Tony Grunt
08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Which version of ArmA2 do you have?
Because "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" isn't the path ArmA2 steam installs.
It would be something like this "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe".

Also if you unpack the above mod in the ArmA2 folder it won't create an "@adhelos" folder but an "ad_helos" one.
So unless you rename the folder your modline would be "arma2.exe -mod=ad_helos"

Sleigher103
08-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Which version of ArmA2 do you have?
Because "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" isn't the path ArmA2 steam installs.
It would be something like this "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe".

Also if you unpack the above mod in the ArmA2 folder it won't create an "@adhelos" folder but an "ad_helos" one.
So unless you rename the folder your modline would be "arma2.exe -mod=ad_helos"

Nvm, I edited the line wrong.