PDA

View Full Version : Character stuck in scenery

MisterEkul
08-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I charged into a monster and knocked him off the map but now my character won't move. I can still attack and stuff but I am stuck in one point. I have tried using a town portal scroll but it says I can not use it here.

Anyone have any ideas or experienced this issue?

Webbstre
08-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Open the developer console (also known as the cheat console) and type "ascend" (without the quotes). This will take you back to town without any ill effects.

CDRW
08-23-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm being hammered with equally strange bugs. I've come to the conclusion that the ember core levels are some of the buggiest chunks in the game. It's really the only set of chunks that I have found that has walls that you can walk through, ledges that lack boundaries, and the absolute worst mob in the game. All in one place.

All the other tilesets are just fine, if not a bit boring, but the ember core sets make me break into a cold sweat every time one of the floors in the infinite dungeon just happen to be one. I have 8 deaths on Very Hard, every single one is from some kind of strange, exotic bug that's only found in the perfect storm of bugs that exist in the ember core tileset. The death of the week for me was when a Dark Zealot (I hate these things so much, I can't tell if they are bugged or if they purposefully do that much damage with their poison bolt and unavoidable beam which seem to take off 50% health - def bonuses no matter what character you're playing as, so naturally let's make this a common mob and place them in large groups where they are sure to snipe you in one unavoidable swoop) walked through a wall and up a 20ft ledge to do it's poison bolt attack at point blank range. In which case I realized that there was a hole in the ledge boundary.

Maybe these problems wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to increase the render distance for mobs and objects.

Webbstre
08-24-2010, 01:15 AM
You mean the Dark Palace levels? I honestly haven't heard of those problems before. Almost sounds like part of your game's resources got corrupted.

CDRW
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

I was rather agitated when I made that post. Not really thinking about it at the time, I didn't take screenshots of the chunks that had said holes in them when I should have. I'll be sure to take screencaps and post them in the bug forum if I encounter them again.

Webbstre
08-24-2010, 08:30 PM
I would definitely like to see a screenshot of what you are running into.

MisterEkul
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks Webbstre. Now I can start killing things again.