PDA

View Full Version : [Speculation]Four remaining professions in GW2

Larry1212
08-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm going to flat out say there'll be a monk and assassin for definate.

There's four announced professions: Elementalist, Warrior, Ranger and Necromancer.

I can see them chopping out the Derverish and Paragon completely. I'd say they'd blend the ritualist in with the necromancer and surprise us with a brand new profession to the Guild Wars universe(more than likely a melee class) and possibly bring back the Mesmer.

Thoughts?

CannibalBob
08-26-2010, 11:56 AM
I hope the Ritualist is back; that profession was a lot of fun.

Assassin will definitely be there, I agree. I can just feel it!

But they said there will be no dedicated healer class! How will monk fit in? Will he be purely a smiter? I can easily see the monk not making the cut and being replaced by something else, maybe mesmer.

Larry1212
08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Well, traditionally monks aren't considered dedicated healers. They're more combat orientated with support in healing.

I just can't see them cutting any sort of healing class out completely. I can see monks being hand to hand combat with buffs like passive healing auras and such, maybe even the ability to link player's health together like a soul link.

Ghost Dog
08-26-2010, 12:24 PM
The easy mode is coming back (assassin) so narutards will have their fill rolling their heads on the keyboard again.

ssj4brandon
08-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I think they need to have one new profession they never used in GW 1.

CannibalBob
08-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Well, traditionally monks aren't considered dedicated healers. They're more combat orientated with support in healing.

I just can't see them cutting any sort of healing class out completely. I can see monks being hand to hand combat with buffs like passive healing auras and such, maybe even the ability to link player's health together like a soul link.

Yeah that's true, in Neverwinter Nights, monks were sort of a hand-to-hand anti-magic fighter class. They were pretty powerful!

I must say though that the classes they've announced so far still seem to match the same sort of gameplay as in GW1. Well, maybe you're right since some classes like the announced Ranger are able to use Axes and such effectively.

Monk does seem like a pretty staple class though. Ah, who knows. I just can't wait for this game!

jag3rm3ist3r
08-29-2010, 01:31 AM
they have been talking about how there will be less focus on a dedicated healer but they hinted at the dedicated healer being not obsolete which means there probably sill will be a monk

ssj4brandon
08-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Now that we can dodge i wonder how important a dedicated healer is now.

BetaBear
08-29-2010, 08:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zykt6KVaykA

With Rangers having melee weapons and those skills, I highly doubt there is going to be a dedicated "assassin" profession.

MithranArkanere
08-29-2010, 10:43 AM
There are two old professions and two new professions left.
There are one scholar, two adventurers and one soldier left.
So...

- The third scholar: Probably a mesmer.
* Such a mesmer would most probably use daggers, swords, foci that look like fans, scepters and staves.

- Two more adventurers.
* One probably a 'gunner' of some sort, able to use dual guns and rifles.
* The second some kind of assassin, but unlike GW1's, without hexes and gimmicks, shadow form becoming a downed skill and making chains share single skill slots. Less durable than warriors, but with good on evasion.

- A second soldier that can use staves. The Seraph Logan Thackeray is probably a member of that profession.

If Ritualists and Paragons ever come back, they will probably come back in expansions.
Tengu and Centaur as species, if added, would be in expansions too.

I seriously doubt dervishes coming back ever.

And monks... well.. without that ton of healing and protection, all that's left is smiting. They will probably disappear too.

Yob
08-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I really want to see a mesmer and a ritualist.

we'll see what happens.

ampd533
09-01-2010, 06:19 AM
1. Mesmer
2. Assassin
3. Paladin
4. Rifleman / Engineer

spencer102
09-06-2010, 09:44 AM
One things for sure, there will certainly be a larger focus on meelee then in the last game.

Xerotype X
09-06-2010, 08:18 PM
I reckon there is going to be a Mesmer. It was unique to Guild Wars and a very useful profession.

There might be a combined version of a monk and paragon.

Ritualists and Dervish seem unlikely

Goteki-45
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Profession reveal images (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Professions_reveal#Other_related_concept_art) shown during the 2010 GDC (March 9-13) showed a few GW2 professions before they were revealed, including some that have not yet been announced. Thanks to the images, we know the professions are:

Scholar:
Elementalist
Mesmer (or mesmer with a different name)
Necromancer

Adventurer:
Ranger
Assassin (or assassin with a different name)
unknown

Soldier:
Warrior
Some sort of templar/paladin/cleric monk replacement.

Planeforger
09-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I think they need to have one new profession they never used in GW 1.
I've always wanted to see a Chronomancer in action: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:C4_F_Chronomancer_Standard_1600pix.jpg

And I seriously hope ritualists are there in Guild Wars 2...but I doubt they will be, what with Cantha being isolated and everything. ):

ShadoWzRo
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Well i think there will be:
-assassin
- some sort of battle Priest, check the one in warhammer online (http://www.warhammeronline.com/armiesofWAR/empire/warriorpriest.php )
-mesmer shud be back since he is the GW's trademark :/
-an maybe some sort of Druids, with the introduction of the sylvari

I also hope asurans will get some sort of Golemancer

Ubersuntzu
10-08-2010, 09:11 PM
That paladin looking character could be a more combat oriented redesign of the Paragon.