PDA

View Full Version : what people would find really useful

Richie-Hitman
08-26-2010, 06:55 PM
is a way to disable the radar to use on hide and seek maps and for use on free for all deathmatch

There are fixes like kicking players who have cvar cl_radaralpha set above 0 but thats not really a solution.

if you could add a cvar for server owners to turn the radar on and off it would be great and would help make up for all the server crashes that seem to follow updates

Xerotype X
08-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I agree.

Or an option to set it to the original circle radar where you could only see teammates on it.

Richie-Hitman
08-26-2010, 07:09 PM
nice touch cause i liked that radar but for hide and seek and ffa it really needs to be off.

You can turn it off using sourcemod and by blocking the prop but you also turn off the ability to swap weapons too which is pretty crucial lols

joshtrav
08-26-2010, 07:25 PM
You can use sourcemod to do it Richie.

public OnPluginStart()
{
HookUserMessage(GetUserMessageId("UpdateRadar"), UpdateRadar, true);
}

public OnPluginEnd()
{
UnhookUserMessage(GetUserMessageId("UpdateRadar"), UpdateRadar, true);
}

public Action:UpdateRadar(UserMsg:msg_id, Handle:bf, const players[], playersNum, bool:reliable, bool:init)
{
return Plugin_Handled;
}

May not be exactly what you want but it will kill the radar so it doesn't update for folks.

Richie-Hitman
08-26-2010, 07:40 PM
thanks joshtrav I have been on that all day and tried all the fixes on bailopans cssdm thread but this wasnt there.

Anything that stops radar will help whether it stops player positions being updated etc.

I settled for checking players cl_useralpha cvar and kicking them if it was above 0 with a message to alter it