PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer still strong in base arma 2? How do units handle?

Wuppy
08-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Ok --

I haven't played base arma 2 in ages. Last I multiplayed it was full of hackers and the veichles didnt handle anywhere near as smoothly as OA. I like the euro theater better though. Has Boh made upgrades to handeling/weapons etc?

Dwarden
08-29-2010, 07:00 AM
ARMA 2 players slowly moving into ARMA 2: Combined Operations anyway
so it's understandable that the ARMA 2 multiplayer base slowly drops

about the ahdnle latest recoil changes are only in ARMA 2: OA now
as there wasn't yet any update to ARMA 2 since they were introduced

7th_Serf
08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
what do you mean by vehicle handling? I've always found that most vehicles seem to handle pretty well. You've got to remember a couple of things; vehicle weight (up armored hummers are heavy!), road conditions (off road vehicles aren't rocket-sleds in terms of acceleration and uphill ability, and turning radius; a lot of vehicles in the game are wide (hummers in particular) so they don't have great turning radius's, tracked vehicles of course; can turn on a dime when they aren't going forward which is the way they act in real life.

The new weapon recoils take a bit of getting used to, but they seem OK though my own personal experience says I should be able to double tap a 5.56 weapon at a target 50m away and hit it from a kneeling stance...which you can't really do now unless you are prone. Off-hand firing is way out, the 5.56 weapons (SCAR's and M16's) recoil like a 30.06! I'm hoping that those will be corrected in the future.

Some of the automatic weapons (M249 and M240) can be fired accurately on the walk, which I don't think should happen (firing short 3-5 round bursts at a crouched walk I'm able to put about 70% of the rounds into a .5m area at 100m. Prone firing for all weapons seems right though.

In terms of hackers; I think it depends on the server you're on. Moderated servers tend to find/kick and ban hackers while 'freeforall' servers don't.

Dwarden
08-31-2010, 08:51 AM
well in one of latest betas for OA there was added improvement to tracked vehicle handling which make them behave more closed to what tracked vehicles should be ...