PDA

View Full Version : how do we get our money back?

dorkmo
08-29-2010, 09:22 PM
im tired of this ♥♥♥♥

Sgt. Dutchy
08-30-2010, 07:25 AM
hey its an awsome game... just wait for steam to fix this stuf..
im angry to but steam NEVER gives money back

jedihomie
08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
thats too bad cause i know for sure they will never be getting my money again

taylorab
08-30-2010, 04:45 PM
I asked for a refund and they said that by using Steam you are agreeing to their terms and their terms say no refunds unless its a pre-order but now since its taken off from the store I would consider what I paid for a pre-order. They acknowledge that they sold us a broken product by taking it offline.

jedihomie
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
taylor, can you give me the address you emailed to. thank you

taylorab
08-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Click "Support" at the top and then click "Ask a Question" which will tell you how to open a ticket. They have stopped replying to me after they just gave automated responses so good luck.

haldir323
08-30-2010, 05:54 PM
They are asking for a class action lawsuit if that was the case. I dont think the TOS covers if they are unable to get the game up.

Sgt. Dutchy
08-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Giftcard perhaps? choose any game you want xD?

Eraser74
08-30-2010, 10:49 PM

Thatīs just untrue, I have had refunds from steam.

Chuckster
08-31-2010, 01:20 AM
I also had a refund for ARMA 2.It was at the pre-order stage,I'm not sure if you will get one if you actually are playing the game( or not in SSE's case).:mad:

Sgt. Dutchy
08-31-2010, 01:33 AM
bcs they only give money back on pre-orders... once the game is launched you wont get anything back even if you can proof you have never played

cherbert
08-31-2010, 03:28 AM
bcs they only give money back on pre-orders... once the game is launched you wont get anything back even if you can proof you have never played

Funny you think you are the expert in these things. I got my money back last night.

Sgt. Dutchy
08-31-2010, 06:03 AM
wait a second cherbert, i didnt call myself an expert anywhere, go back to you cave please

sorry that i had it wrong, but that's what's in the license agreement (as far as i dare to read it)

taylorab
08-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Funny you think you are the expert in these things. I got my money back last night.

How did you do this? They are denying me a refund and have stopped replying to my ticket.

cherbert
08-31-2010, 10:50 AM
go back to you cave please

How did you know I'm playing Minecraft?

cherbert
08-31-2010, 10:51 AM
How did you do this? They are denying me a refund and have stopped replying to my ticket.

I just got a bit angry about it. I'm in the UK so I don't know if that makes it different. We have a law called Distant Selling Regulations which state we can get our money back on anything within 7 days. But more importantly I think the fact they removed the game is in their own admission declaring the game unfit for purpose.

taylorab
08-31-2010, 11:41 AM
I just got a bit angry about it. I'm in the UK so I don't know if that makes it different. We have a law called Distant Selling Regulations which state we can get our money back on anything within 7 days. But more importantly I think the fact they removed the game is in their own admission declaring the game unfit for purpose.

No I don't think I have a chance. They really have just stopped replying after sending 2 auto response like messages. I've never been treated like this by a company before.

tonaga
08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm in the UK so I don't know if that makes it different. We have a law called Distant Selling Regulations which state we can get our money back on anything within 7 days.

it does in the US we dont have that law or any like it.

drako405
09-03-2010, 01:12 AM

I have received refunds from several games, the latest one was dogfighter and its piece of crap support.

adam5000
09-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I once received a refund for Red Faction Guerrilla after about 4 months of "negotiating". The sound never worked.
I emailed the developer, who said to contact the publisher, who said to contact the developer, who then said contact STEAM.
Trust me, it was a huge ordeal. But eventually they gave me a credit to buy any game on steam, and took away Red Faction.
Don't hate me please.

strickencab
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I once received a refund for Red Faction Guerrilla after about 4 months of "negotiating". The sound never worked.
I emailed the developer, who said to contact the publisher, who said to contact the developer, who then said contact STEAM.
Trust me, it was a huge ordeal. But eventually they gave me a credit to buy any game on steam, and took away Red Faction.
Don't hate me please.

Sorry dude, that's not a refund. Steam did that too me as well. Said I could get a game of equal or greater value. Just protest the charges, call it a defective product (this game clearly is just that). Just because it's in the EULA doesn't mean it's legal.

ablooba
11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
How did you know I'm playing Minecraft?

♥♥♥♥ing love minecraft

Craig234
12-24-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm thinking of getting this on the holiday sale for $19.99 for a very casual interest in sailing some boats, but all I'm seeing are people who can't even run it, much less say how much fun it is to play. Turning me off pretty strongly.

But I saw a comment Steam pulled the game - it's still up.

Afrothunde6
01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
thats too bad cause i know for sure they will never be getting my money again

Bull♥♥♥♥.

lonewolfdon
01-31-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm thinking of getting this on the holiday sale for $19.99 for a very casual interest in sailing some boats, but all I'm seeing are people who can't even run it, much less say how much fun it is to play. Turning me off pretty strongly.

But I saw a comment Steam pulled the game - it's still up.

Try the demo and judge for yourself. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't.

jerrylive365
01-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Youll never get your money back no matter how hard you whine. Once the title is on your owned games list then you are no longer entitled to any type of refund.

TopGunSF
01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Youll never get your money back no matter how hard you whine. Once the title is on your owned games list then you are no longer entitled to any type of refund.

That information is patently incorrect. I've gotten 2 refunds from Steam in the past, both well after the game was downloaded (and in one case installed) and have several friends who have also gotten refunds. The official position is that each account will receive one refund request in its lifetime - depending on the circumstances and time between requests that number can be extended.

anomaly256
03-11-2011, 08:49 PM
That information is patently incorrect. I've gotten 2 refunds from Steam in the past, both well after the game was downloaded (and in one case installed) and have several friends who have also gotten refunds. The official position is that each account will receive one refund request in its lifetime - depending on the circumstances and time between requests that number can be extended.

Indeed. I once got a refund after I downloaded and played a game (albeit briefly, like 2 hours across 3 days) because I didn't realize all prices were at the time in USD and I was expecting my local dollar. Wasn't until I saw the credit card statement that I realized and asked for it to be reversed. Steam were fine with it (but they did note that it was a courtesy and wouldn't happen in the future if I were to make the same mistake).

@taylorab: Anyway, the point is they do give refunds for valid reasons. If they're ignoring your ticket comments then perhaps it's because you were being offensive or threatening? Just guessing though of course..

Sgt.Mays
06-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Just got my refund tonight, never guy from Vstep again.

tommyklaralucas
12-18-2011, 04:31 AM
♥♥♥♥ steam