PDA

View Full Version : Hackers now steals Steam account?

DarkLee
08-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Just got back to MW2 yesterday. Played a few matches and today, I've keep getting my password wrong when logging in. Seriously, from modded textures/matches to stealing accounts? What the ♥♥♥♥?

Anyway, I've just sent a support ticket.. Flame me all you want, I don't care. I'm not going back to MW2 again. I'm not risking my account getting stolen again. ♥♥♥♥ you IW/Activision.

sharp0900
08-30-2010, 06:54 AM
How are you so sure that your acc got stolen by a MW2 hacker?

DarkLee
08-30-2010, 07:05 AM
I took a long break I think.. around 1 month(gotta school project work) before this happens. And somehow, THIS HAPPENED after I've played MW2 yesterday.

If you gonna say that this wasn't done by a MW2 hacker then tell me.. What other leads I got? My other friends don't even play MW2(almost all of them don't even have a Steam account). Well, only 1 of my friend does and he only play Alien Swarm because it's free of charge.

RedDragon513
08-30-2010, 07:13 AM
I took a long break I think.. around 1 month(gotta school project work) before this happens. And somehow, THIS HAPPENED after I've played MW2 yesterday.

If you gonna say that this wasn't done by a MW2 hacker then tell me.. What other leads I got? My other friends don't even play MW2(almost all of them don't even have a Steam account). Well, only 1 of my friend does and he only play Alien Swarm because it's free of charge.

Account Security Recommendations
(https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478)
Steam Accounts - eBay & Hijacking Alerts
(http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470929) (from 2008 but I think you get the tricks people are using to get accounts)

Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366)

FullM3taljack3T
08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
yeah i got a message on Steam from some Korean guy (?)with some dubious link...dont click strange links .

bluesteel551
08-30-2010, 07:54 AM
so you think your password was changed but you have magically guessed what it was changed to? you are probable just typing your password in wrong if sometimes it works and sometimes it didnt. you have logged into steam to play mw2 so obiviously your password still works.

Secarius
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
CAPS LOCK?

Easton Dark
08-30-2010, 12:41 PM
People have been stealing steam accounts since steam began.

No one can steal your account THROUGH MW2.

bluesteel551
08-30-2010, 01:19 PM
but you basically have to give your account to them for it to get stolen. its called a scam if you are dumb enough to get scammed i do not feel sorry for you. steam does not give away free games and will not initiate contact with you unless you have contacted them through steam support.

Easton Dark
08-30-2010, 02:40 PM
actually in modded servers they can make you download dll files my friend had to once and then her account got hacked so she made a ticket and got it back :P

I'm seriously doubting that's what happened. What would a .dll file do to help people figure out your password?

Stu Alpha
08-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Keylogger.

Hackers need to steal accounts because their last account gets VAC banned.

wheelchair
08-30-2010, 03:56 PM
make a kickass password for steam alone, use it no-where else.NOWHERE ELSE but the steam interface

DarkLee
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
but you basically have to give your account to them for it to get stolen. its called a scam if you are dumb enough to get scammed i do not feel sorry for you. steam does not give away free games and will not initiate contact with you unless you have contacted them through steam support.

I'm not dumb enough to give my password to anyone.

And you don't have to feel sorry because I don't even get scammed in the first place.

evoleo24
08-30-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm not dumb enough to give my password to anyone.

And you don't have to feel sorry because I don't even get scammed in the first place.

Your account can't get stolen through a hack. You probably downloaded a keylogger (might wanna check your other accounts) or you fell for a phising site.

Stop being so close minded about it, people make mistakes, you most likely did.

SS.KiLLeR
08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
only three things can be wrong. a) you cant remember your password/your entering it incorrectly. b) you have been phished or scammed. c) you downloaded a virus/trojan/keylogger. no one can hack your steam account by playing a game with you in mw2.

Bilko
08-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Just got back to MW2 yesterday. Played a few matches and today, I've keep getting my password wrong when logging in. Seriously, from modded textures/matches to stealing accounts? What the ♥♥♥♥?

Anyway, I've just sent a support ticket.. Flame me all you want, I don't care. I'm not going back to MW2 again. I'm not risking my account getting stolen again. ♥♥♥♥ you IW/Activision.

Happened to me and Steam automatically changes your password every few months to protect you (they don't tell you) your best solution is go to Steam Support, reset your password and this is an article not specific to MW2 on how to protect identity theft etc from PCTools https://email.pctools.com/servlet/website/PersonalizedForm?iJmslEuLPlsLmmLk_wHpK_UTTA_.26uE. 26f7beELtHBBTFIpnihgKDgLmDHN

DarkLee
08-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Happened to me and Steam automatically changes your password every few months to protect you (they don't tell you) your best solution is go to Steam Support, reset your password and this is an article not specific to MW2 on how to protect identity theft etc from PCTools https://email.pctools.com/servlet/website/PersonalizedForm?iJmslEuLPlsLmmLk_wHpK_UTTA_.26uE. 26f7beELtHBBTFIpnihgKDgLmDHN

Steam does that? Then Steam also change the profile name and profile picture as well? I don't think so...(Yes, I've found my Steam profile... But everything is set to private, so I can't view a thing)

Xenofreak
08-31-2010, 12:17 AM

Steam doesn't change your password. Mine has been the same since the day steam was first released.

cico34
08-31-2010, 02:13 AM
By the way.
There's some Steam profile, calling itself IP Help Bot.
Don't listen to it.
Its a blatantly obvious scammer.

oxidox
08-31-2010, 05:19 AM
actually in modded servers they can make you download dll files my friend had to once and then her account got hacked so she made a ticket and got it back :P

lmao , hurray not being able to chose ur own server .

you gotta LOVE cod mw2 .... right?.....