PDA

View Full Version : Servers Freezing Due to Workpool

Richie-Hitman
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Since last nights update all of my servers are crashing more now than after the last update all with the workpool error

when can we expect a fix for this error instead of fixing shi tty effects

Richie-Hitman
08-31-2010, 02:49 PM
oh and for those of you that whine about the errors not getting posted here it is again

workthreadpool.cpp (297) : Assertion Failed: CWorkThreadPool::StopWorkThreads: Some threads required forcible termination.

hisham.albeik
08-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Does it freeze when there is no one on the server? I have setup a home server and I get this but the server keeps on running, even with 20 bots running overnight. If that's the case then it could be something specific when actual users are in the server.

Richie-Hitman
08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
it freezes with users on it. last time it had 32 players.

14 before that, 25 and so on. Sometimes its in the middle of a console write sometimes not.

No specific line before it, all random when it freezes.

The server just dies. In HLSW it shows as a Timeout and then when I log onto the dedi to check the console window is still up, my monitor program says the server is still running but the console has that error asking for forcible termination.

only way to restart server is to stop then start the service or click the red x (top right) of the console then the server will quit and restart.

Sending quit to it in hlsw returns a timeout.

-Bacardi-
08-31-2010, 05:53 PM
I get this same error from map de_vegas_css after OrangeBox update.
When server start this map, it idle few minute.
- Popup error show crash info Fault Module Name: datacache.dll
- Before crash it give error about custom model models/de_vegas/sith_medallion.mdl what is inside that map.

hisham.albeik
08-31-2010, 07:21 PM
it freezes with users on it. last time it had 32 players.

14 before that, 25 and so on. Sometimes its in the middle of a console write sometimes not.

No specific line before it, all random when it freezes.

The server just dies. In HLSW it shows as a Timeout and then when I log onto the dedi to check the console window is still up, my monitor program says the server is still running but the console has that error asking for forcible termination.

only way to restart server is to stop then start the service or click the red x (top right) of the console then the server will quit and restart.

Sending quit to it in hlsw returns a timeout.

does using the "-debug" flag give any more clues?

Richie-Hitman
09-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Nope it still freezes randomly.

Nothing similar in any of the logs at all.

Its froze 3 times today now and I updated them all AGAIN last night