PDA

View Full Version : Woth Purchasing?

KJGJ
08-31-2010, 05:37 PM
I've never actually played an S&M game before but I've only ever heard great things. Was wondering if this was worth a buy based on the story and humor.

Pabsi9
08-31-2010, 06:11 PM
same here, i would like to know if its a type of game i would like....i love fps and rpgs...but never played a game like sam and max

Overt.Enemy
08-31-2010, 07:15 PM
I've never actually played an S&M game before but I've only ever heard great things. Was wondering if this was worth a buy based on the story and humor.

Five games for $20!? Um yeah it's worth it.

CliffRacer
08-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Was the same as you until this season, don't regret it one bit. Sharp writing, great locals, non-frustrating puzzles--go for it! : )

Mr. Richardson
08-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Buy it now or burn in Hell.

Cuz Satan gets awfully lonely up there on the roof.

McChadworth
08-31-2010, 10:11 PM
A completely biased YES!

MrKickyourbutt
08-31-2010, 11:28 PM
So do you have to play the previous two seasons to understand this one?

CaffeineRage
09-01-2010, 12:38 AM
It helps to play the previous seasons, but I don't it is required to understand most of what is going on. Granted, you may miss out on some of the in-jokes but overall you should be able to make sense of what is going on. The seasons are generally somewhat self-contained when it comes to story.

If you're not sure, you can always try out the free episode and give it a whirl: Abe Lincoln Must Die!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8230/

Niesrind
09-01-2010, 06:42 AM
So do you have to play the previous two seasons to understand this one?

Not necessarily, but you're missing a whole lot of references to the earlier seasons.

Best try the free episode mentioned above. If you like it, you should start with season 1 (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/539/)

"all three seasons" deal:
http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax

mrmotinjo
09-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Aw, heck- I don't know what to do- season 3 has a hefty discount, I'd LIKE to play all of the games, but the price for all that is kinda... hefty, too :(

I'm thinking of buying the third season, and waiting for the other two to go on sale :) but I have no idea if that is worth doing :/

How often did those get on a sale? I was... kinda... not paying attention :)

Fatdude
09-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Play the free first season episode if you like it buy season 3

Katana No Kage
09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
You can get all three seasons for $50.
http://www.telltalegames.com/store/samandmax-collection
THEN it's definitely good value.

McChadworth
09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I suggest you play the original Lucasarts "Sam and Max Hit the Road" first. Its a great introduction to Sam and Max's twisted world.

Most of the inside jokes in the 3rd season are not all that important. The thing you will miss out most on is the built up characterizations from first two seasons. Even then, they do not carry too much over, and can be enjoyed by itself.

tomsen
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I played all three Seasons, buy it, its absolutely worth the money.

Quatrix
09-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Five games for $20!? Um yeah it's worth it.

It's a decent value, and I'm a happy owner of Seasons 1 and 2, but calling each episode a full "game" is exaggeration.

Rockworm
09-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I just bought Devil's play house without knowing anything about this series.
That steam deal was too great to pass on.
Find out for myself if its worth it i guess.

mrmotinjo
09-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Okay, just completed 301: The Penal Zone...

Took me 4,5 hours, and I had some oldschool fun times with some REALLY hilarious jokes :D

As I've only played the free season 1 episode before, (and Hit The Road, of course), I probably didn't get some references, but I think it didn't influence the atmosphere and gameplay in any way.

If every episode gives me at least that amount of fun, and lasts at least as long... It could just be one of the best investments I've ever made :)

So yeah, the 42% off was a VERY good deal, and now I'd like to see seasons 1&2 go on sale, too :D
(Season 2 is available retail here, really cheap, but I'd very much like it on steam :) )