PDA

View Full Version : Issues since new patch!

Gimpex
09-01-2010, 04:02 PM
just curious, really. Since that patch that added the BAF lite stuff, has anyone been experiencing any graphical lag... textures loading slowly / character models not being fully detailed or anything like that? My game used to run fine, but now it lags like a mother D: Irritating as all hell when I'm trying to shoot something.

I thought about disabling the BAF Lite stuff, but apparently you can't :(

Any Ideas?

MustangDelta
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
I hate to stoke the fire but I have noticed textures don't seem to load as detailed as they were before.

I thought it was something BI was doing to improve framerates.

Bear in mind, I switched from using Steam versions of combined operations to store bought discs, manually downloading the patch and buying the BAF DLC from England.

I was thinking of uninstalling all of the above and reinstalling steam if the general opinion form the forums was that it would help.

EDIT - Just read the BI forums and some players are considering the ATI 10.8 drivers to be the problem.....do you use ATI cards Gimpex?

7th_Serf
09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I use a Nivida card and I've noticed it takes longer to load textures since the patch, and I get 'sparkles' around some vehicles now.

Gimpex
09-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Indeed I do use an ATi card. (not the best decision I ever made in my life, but hey, no-one's perfect ;D)

ATI Radeon HD4800 to be precise. I'll check my driver version.

Dwarden
09-01-2010, 06:11 PM
BAFlife or nonLite is not affecting how fast ir skiw are textures loaded ...
it's just another urban myth ...

the proper saying would be since patch 1.54 my textures load slow :)

Gimpex
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh very well, if you insist! :P

Since the PATCH

MustangDelta
09-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Okay.

Thought not a big fan of the in game performance test (doesn't tell you your max and min just the average) I ran it before and after rolling back my drivers. While I saw a decrease in performance (as per the test) going from the 10.8 drivers to the 10.4, the issue of textures not loading when they should was instantly solved.

With the 10.8, I could be standing next to a soldier or object and the textures would be extremely low res. The best indicator I found was a bus I'm using in a mission with the game's editor. With the 10.8's I would have the be right in front of the bus to see the textures at the correct resolution. Now with the 10.4's even if I look at the bus through a scope, the correct level of texture is there.

As I said, I lost fps performance, about 10 fps between the 10.8 and 10.4 drivers, but how much of that was due to the wrong and smaller textures loading, who knows. I do know I'd rather take the lower FPS and have the correct textures while playing the game:)

I did read a question on the Steam Arma forums whether they could use the 10.8 profiles with the 10.4 drivers. I loaded them up and it didn't appear to make one bit of difference, according the game's benchmark test.

And on a side note, I agree with Gimpex, ATI was one of the worst hardware decisions I've probably ever made.

EDIT - renamed my armaoa.exe to arma2.exe, crossfire forced and now I'm back at the same higher benchmarks seen with the 10.8 drivers...........viola!

Gimpex
09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
*IF* I looked in the right download folder, I'm using the 10.7 drivers for my card. So should I upgrade to 10.8?

And I'm not running Crossfire (if crossfire is ATI's version of SLI, which I only have one card, so.... yeah)

MustangDelta
09-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Actually I would rollback to the 10.4 drivers. I had the 10.7 drivers and they caused nothing but problems for me, but the 10.4's worked like a charm. Also, many people on the BI ARMA forums say the 10.4's work better for Arma AO.