PDA

View Full Version : This game seems to be broken.

teQ
09-03-2010, 09:57 AM
So, there are a few issues that are making this game unplayable at the moment.

When starting a normal game the whole thing slows down horribly, as if the hardware was struggling to render it. The disc version does not do this.

GSC multiplayer service option just returns to the main menu.

Creating a game in the Gamespy lobby causes the game to freeze and then do nothing.

I bought this as a replacement for my disc version but I can just see myself copying it to keep using instead of this.

Pierre70
09-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I've found that the game lags horribly unless the game speed bar is set to full. It then runs like greased lightning, even if set to 'slow' instead of 'fast'. Too fast is preferable to laggy I suppose.

I'd like to know if there's any way to play the 'European Wars' campaigns with this. I have EW on disc but I can't play it without graphical distortions (even with the recently released patch that's meant to fix this).

I tried copying the campaign folders from my EW installation to my Steam BtW installation but they don't show up in game.

This would be great because Back to War doesn't include any campaigns, only single missions.

Any clues?

Lurpsukka
09-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the information guys. I'm now really uncertain if I should buy this product or not. Shame because it's a really good game..

crazyforum123
09-07-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the information guys. I'm now really uncertain if I should buy this product or not. Shame because it's a really good game..

Same here.. Will buy when there is a fix for Win 7 and graphical glitch. :confused:

protonas
08-27-2011, 02:30 AM
do they fix this issue or is it still unplayable?

Sa0nHa
08-27-2011, 04:26 AM
The Win7 graphics problem has fixed.
Still can't play on GSC server.
For Gamespy you need to forward ports, and have static ip.