PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting, i played demo but..

chaosquall
09-03-2010, 08:05 PM
So i played the demo, it seemed like a badly ported game to me, it kept coming up with press x ect press y when i didnt have my controler plugged in so i tried using it and it still didnt work, i have tried all the other suggestions on here.

It was kinda fun tho, would of been nice to start at the start and not be thrown in, is it worth getting this game?

Roughly doing most side quests ect how long will it take to complete and does it have replay value?

Runt
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I lack a controller so I can't really help you with your issues there, could simply be a demo specific problem though. They did actually spend a fair bit of time working on the port tweaking the game, it's not as halfassed of a job as it initially appears. Don't know why they didn't touch the prompts though

Total time to complete everything, I'd probably say somewhere around the order of 100 hours. As to replay value, I'd say it has more than the Final Fantasies

Zloth
09-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Half-assed is a very good term for it, assuming you recognize that the half that did get done is mighty fine. ;)

I plugged my X-Box controller in and it worked fine with the game, but I ended up switching back to keyboard after awhile. I would recommend spending 5 minutes with paper & pencil to write down what the keyboard commands are for everything and go with that. You'll memorize them pretty quick.

IMHO, it is actually worth replaying once. Especially if you miss a lot in the first run-through, which is easy to do. Even if you don't, the battle tactics change quite a bit on the second play-through because you've got a lot of cash and Rush knows more arts, which makes item arts more sane to use.

CynicalNinja
09-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Yeah, the demo wasn't very well done.

Instead of starting at the beginning of the game (you know, where that thing called the tutorial is), it plops you into a sidequest that takes place about 3-5 hours in and just assumes you know all the controls and mechanics.

The game is definitely worth getting. Read up on some of the nuances first - for example, if a party member tells you he/she wants to go out and fight some monsters, it means they just upgraded their weapon. The game doesn't ever tell you that.

If you do all the sidequests, it will take you around 50+ hours. You could rush through the main story in a lot less than that, but you really shouldn't. Sidequests are extremely important in this game, much more so than in your typical RPG. Many of them unlock entire areas on the World Map. So be sure to check all the pubs and whatnot after every major story event.

Hope that helps.

SoulNefarious
09-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Go through your options and make sure you set everything to Keyboard\Mouse, not Controller. Once I did that, my in game prompts were all the keyboard buttons :o

BlackKanda
11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I believe it has a great replay value, if you like experimenting with different classes as I do.