PDA

View Full Version : RS2 relaesed just now and it works with STEAM

USMC Vet
09-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Most anticipated mod of all time:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559

Have fun cuz its like 2 gigs, higher resolution graphics omg sweet sweet pwn sauce

rial2209
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Doesnt work for me.

Get at least 2 errors. Didnt seem to make any installation mistakes. Hows it working for the rest of yous?

USMC Vet
09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
worked really good, I had some problems ended up having to copy RTW Gold to RTW Alexander and installing RS2 to alexander, wont launch with launcher but adding the -mod:Play_Rome or what not to launch string in alexander properties fixed it.

those 2 errors are most likely from installing to the wrong directory, since you use steam you are going to have to break your vanilla game since it wont work with backup folders... SUCKS, cuz I would love to have more than 1 mod at a time.

RS2 isn't mod foldered, cuz thats why

*Check out this link
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386702

Let me know what the errors was and I will link that specific thread.

vartanhaghverdi
09-18-2010, 12:02 PM
The problem with Steam is that it installs Alexander separately from Gold Edition, a major failure on Steam's part. If you have any Rome mods that you'd like to run using the Alexander engine, you have to choose to either install in Rome Gold or Alex folder. You can only run using one of the engines.

USMC Vet
09-21-2010, 12:48 PM
The problem with Steam is that it installs Alexander separately from Gold Edition, a major failure on Steam's part. If you have any Rome mods that you'd like to run using the Alexander engine, you have to choose to either install in Rome Gold or Alex folder. You can only run using one of the engines.

Its a major bummer for sure. If you try to install RS2 to just Alexander it wont work, it needs the Rome Total War files from the original. Therefore, you must copy the entire Rome Total Gold folder TO the Alexander folder, overwriting where necessary.

vartanhaghverdi
09-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Its a major bummer for sure. If you try to install RS2 to just Alexander it wont work, it needs the Rome Total War files from the original. Therefore, you must copy the entire Rome Total Gold folder TO the Alexander folder, overwriting where necessary.
Why don't you just install to the RTW folder, copying over the Alexander data from Alex into RTW?

-LSD-
09-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Jesus it looks pretty fantastic, but it's gonna be hard running it on my system D:

USMC Vet
09-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Why don't you just install to the RTW folder, copying over the Alexander data from Alex into RTW?

you probably could if you found a way to change where alexander loads in steam, I could not get the ALX.EXE to run in the rome total war gold folder

perhaps from a shortcut, and change the LAUNCHGAMEID or whatever it loads in there

Jesus it looks pretty fantastic, but it's gonna be hard running it on my system D:

yeah dude i got this battle i'm on right now that is like molasses, sorta sucks - I got 3 good legions against 2 averni armies. one thing i notice is the landscape just stretches off as far as you can see, the battle is basically on two hills, with a slow degradation off to the sea, and wwaaay off in the distance, like it looks 100 miles I can see vegetation lool. (LESS THAN 1 FPS) Only trouble though so far aside from the shoddy installation.

vartanhaghverdi
10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
you probably could if you found a way to change where alexander loads in steam, I could not get the ALX.EXE to run in the rome total war gold folder

perhaps from a shortcut, and change the LAUNCHGAMEID or whatever it loads in there
And that would be a hack that would most likely be in violation of the Steam End User License. Unfortunately. Oh well, it's not THAT bad. (=

Elite2828
12-26-2010, 12:58 AM
I feel like Ive tried everything... I keep getting the same errors every time I try to start the mod.

Error: File name doesn't exist: data/animations/SG 01 idle 01.cas

and

Script Error in data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 56, column 133.

AnimDB: Could not load -'data/animations/SG 01 idle 01.cas'

Does this mod work for anyone else? I really yearn to play it.