PDA

View Full Version : CoH Online: "something special" for CoH/OF/ToV owners

TJF588
09-04-2010, 06:24 PM
p.s. vCOH, OF & TOV owners – We love you guys and haven’t forgotten about you! We’ve got something special planned in the very near future, so please be sure to dig out your CD keys and keep them handy... (http://www.companyofheroes.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Greg-Wilson-on-our-Open-Beta-?page=1#post-23644)
Went ahead and splurged two-and-a-half bucks on a game I'm not likely to play, even in light of a free version of the same sort of stuff, based on this bit (and another friend got CoH, so at least I know there's someone to play against).

Thanks, Steam, for having a handy CD Key section for your games.

inb4olde

MistaRoots
09-04-2010, 06:30 PM
CoH Online isn't really going to be free. Expect tons of microtransactions that will give players advantages.

TJF588
09-04-2010, 09:02 PM
It peeves me when people say "it's not really free". Yes. It is. That is what "free to play" means. Microtransactions be damned, they're not necessary (unless one's just so overwhelmed by those who would blow, liek, so many cashes on digi-goods). Yeesh.

LemonadeX1X
09-04-2010, 09:45 PM
CoH Online isn't really going to be free. Expect tons of microtransactions that will give players advantages.

I'd have to agree with you. I can see this happening like every free to play game.

-p0ppa-
09-04-2010, 10:58 PM
I'd have to agree with you. I can see this happening like every free to play game.

did you play f.e.a.r. combat few years ago?
it was a complete multiplayer rip from the original game

i guess they going to do the same thing with coh

-LSD-
09-05-2010, 01:02 AM
It peeves me when people say "it's not really free". Yes. It is. That is what "free to play" means. Microtransactions be damned, they're not necessary (unless one's just so overwhelmed by those who would blow, liek, so many cashes on digi-goods). Yeesh.

Yes it's free to "play", but why would you want to play? Just because you won't be buying into the micro transactions, doesn't mean no one else will. There's always the people who give in, always, and spend muchos money-tós, meaning they'll get to start with rangers, or a 20 fuel bonus or something. I'm not sure about you, but i wouldn't want to play something where victory is based on the size of your wallet. That's why CoH > CoHO.

JonyJonas
09-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Microtransactions be damned, they're not necessary (unless one's just so overwhelmed by those who would blow, liek, so many cashes on digi-goods).

Have you played a game with microtransactions lately? You WILL get "overwhelmed" by people who DO pay. Of that, you can be certain.

oct42
09-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Have you played a game with microtransactions lately? You WILL get "overwhelmed" by people who DO pay. Of that, you can be certain.

Yeah but thats why you don't play 1v1, 2v2 maybe, theres enough people online who do and don't buy the extras to make it fun. To me the only trouble would be if they had all the extras and only rushed everygame. The automatching system isn't horrible. It does a good job. But like any database it needs more data. People who rush all the time will be matched against others who do the same. I've been playing CoHO and I like it. I usualy hate online matches. Ever since Age of Empires days where no matter how hard I would try. The enemy would wall me off and cap the whole map.