PDA

View Full Version : How many maps?

Orange Ninja
09-05-2010, 04:52 AM
It's been a bit quiet here... :)

Just popping in to ask how many different official maps/locations will the game ship with? AFAIK there's already New York, Tokyo and Vyksa... and I think one of the older concept sketches shows a part of London. Are there going to be more than 3-4 maps?

kklkit
09-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Really quiet here... The game is definitely underhyped.
I hate how people judge the game graphically and do not take a closer look at the gameplay mechanism.

It might be better if Interwave could do more interview with different media.

Anyway... back on topic. I am pretty sure there are more than four maps based on what I have seen.

Orange Ninja
09-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I hope so, and since IW are releasing the SDK as well, I hope lots of talented mappers will see this as an opportunity to bring some nice big maps to the Source engine!

kklkit
09-06-2010, 06:12 AM
http://www.interwavestudios.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/highlight/images/highlight/tank1.jpg

Which map is this?

iwviper
09-07-2010, 01:21 AM
There will be approx 5 maps upon release available but ofcourse thanks to Steam we are able to work on more maps which will be added in updates that we will be pushing after release.

The map you see in that screenshot is a dust like map sort of like "Strike at Karkand" in Battlefield 2.

Orange Ninja
09-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Will we be shown some new screenshots soon - perhaps in a new blog post? I'd really like to see more of the Tokyo map, in fact any kind of new content will do!

iwviper
09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Yep, there will also in the new upcoming gameplay trailers ;)

Demon575
09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
instead of making trailers can u just release it? plzkthanks <3 lol in all seriousness though, I assume this game is coming out in October?

Orange Ninja
09-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Probably not Demon575... they haven't even released the beta yet, and the October release date on their Steam page was removed a while back. The beta was promised to be sometime this year though (Q4 2010), so it won't be too far off.

Sure, I don't mind seeing more trailers, but a beta would be bet-a ;)

iwviper
09-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Demon575: We are doing the best we can, but please remember it's a lot of work in every single aspect and our team is already working around the clock.

Dont worry, it wont be long now, we just wanna make sure its complete ;)

Scrooj
09-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Fantastic to see a reprasentative of the team posting on these forums.

I'm looking forward to this game and love the approach of making sure the game is ready before releasing it.

Keep up the good work InterWave Studios.