PDA

View Full Version : X-COM Apocalipse working on W7?

SobeR462
09-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Played this long time ago on Win 98. Can it work on Windows 7?

Kazei
09-06-2010, 01:46 PM
The Steam version does. It runs under Dosbox.

Silencer74
09-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I have windows 7 64 bit.
PC crashes after the main screen turns black. Totally locked the PC.

Any solutions for this?

Greetings,

P.

dinyctis
09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I have windows 7 64 bit.
PC crashes after the main screen turns black. Totally locked the PC.

Any solutions for this?

Greetings,

P.

Works for me no problem on Win 7 x64.
The one problem i'm having is the image does not expand to fit the screen. So when I start it up, the game appears in a 640x480 or so box in the middle of the screen. I've tried fiddling with the CONF files, but the resolution controls don't seem to affect it.

Ahh wait, I see. Scaler option.

bigbangnet
10-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Blank screen or "VGA Mode Not Supported"

Using an LCD monitor? Can you hear sound and music? You probably can, but no video? You might get an error message saying "VGA Mode not supported." More than likely, your problem originates in the LCD monitor's current refresh rate. Open dxdiag.exe from the Start Menu, Run box. Click on the "More Help" tab, click on Override, click the dot next to Override Value, and then enter 60. Click okay and do whatever the program tells you to do, then try the game. If 60 doesn't work, try raising or lowering it by increments of 1.

There is also a patch which, among other things, makes the game run as a 640x480x16mil application instead of the traditional 320x200x256 size. You can find this patch here (http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4702) (two-part download in the first two posts).

This website contains other useful info. You can check the FAQ pages for other types of questions/answers like that. This answer did came from the xcom ufo defense but it does make sense to check your refresh rate and all.