PDA

View Full Version : Problem Saving games

giantsfan134
09-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Whenever I try to create a new save game I get this error:
Unable to complete operation due to failure renaming temp file. Temp file remains.
Continue running executable?

So I hit Yes and then go try to load that game (to see if it saved or not) and save file is not there. The only saves I have are old ones I imported from my non-steam version (by bringing them to the saves folder). However when I browse to the Saves folder, there is a (non-empty) file created. If I try to save with the same save name again the game freezes for a few seconds before giving me an additional error message and informing me that the save failed.

I can overwrite one of my imported saves, but once I do that I can no longer load that save (it doesn't show up in the load menu or data files list when starting morrowind).

Also, I should probably note that I'm running on Windows 7 x64

vtastek
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Hmm. Delete the save there. Run Morrowind as administrator. (Right click run as administrator)

See if it helps.

giantsfan134
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Thank you, that works as long as I exit out of steam first. The issue I'm having now with that is the graphics settings don't seem to transfer over. I have the resolution set to 1920x1080, but when running as admin it seems to revert to some low resolution. Not sure what to do about that. Also, of course if I could get it to function properly as a normal user that would be preferable.

vtastek
09-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Thank you, that works as long as I exit out of steam first. The issue I'm having now with that is the graphics settings don't seem to transfer over. I have the resolution set to 1920x1080, but when running as admin it seems to revert to some low resolution. Not sure what to do about that. Also, of course if I could get it to function properly as a normal user that would be preferable.
To seek consistency, use properties and find "always run as administrator" under compatibility tab. Do this to Morrowind Launcher and Morrowind.exe. Also if you're using MGE(you should), run it as administrator too, always.

For further help.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1113265-morrowind-graphics-extender-mge/