PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to pre-load this?

TehCoffeeRobber
09-07-2010, 07:34 AM
This game is my first pre-order over Steam and I was wondering if anyone knew if they would let us pre-load the game the night or a few nights before. Does anyone know our position on this?

pingus
09-07-2010, 07:47 AM
This game is my first pre-order over Steam and I was wondering if anyone knew if they would let us pre-load the game the night or a few nights before. Does anyone know our position on this?

You don't know how the "Hi/Thank You" system works ?

Back to topic, we can't tell right now. There are preloads for some games and not for some games. There's a "trick" to preload it anyway (worked for Mafia 2, one week before the release) which consists to type steam://install/xx (where xx is the AppID, 45740 for DR2) in Firefox (or whatever you use).

You are welcome.

TehCoffeeRobber
09-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks, have some rep to make up for it.

Also, does this have any banning risk what-so-ever?

pingus
09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks, have some rep to make up for it.

Also, does this have any banning risk what-so-ever?

You can't be banned for downloading a game you bought (if so, that would be very lame don't youthink ?). I pre-loaded a lot of games (in fact, that's a lie, I just downloaded Mafia 2) that way and some Aussies did the same with L4D2 and never being banned.

TehCoffeeRobber
09-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Alright thanks, I just wanted to clarify.

DarkPGR
09-07-2010, 03:34 PM
The game uses GFWL's Zero-Day Protection, so it can be preloaded without problems (Other stores have it with Pre-load actually, so Steam will probably have it too)

Dan082535
09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
dang steam is too busy to start the download

Reinate
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM
2 weeks 6 days and 13 hours >_<
Needs to hurry up, i have a medical need to play this game!

MrArma
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi all I'm trying to pre-load the game with the trick of steam://install/xx but I always said that the servers are very busy at this time, ye have achieved pre-loaded?
is the first pre-purchase I make in my life to steam and not how it works (how long it takes to put the game in preload, etc ...)

DarkPGR
09-08-2010, 12:13 PM
The game will probably be available for preload about a week before the release date. Is still too soon.

K-oss
09-09-2010, 11:03 PM
2 weeks 6 days and 13 hours >_<
Needs to hurry up, i have a medical need to play this game!

Agreed. I've played through Case 0 several times and gotten all the endings and the achievements but it was like a drug... I need more! More I say! I downloaded a countdown widget to, well, count down , to the release of Dead rising 2. It's always in the top right corner of my second monitor just ticking away... Zombie Killin Time in 18 Days, 10 Hours, 57 minutes and 5 seconds!