PDA

View Full Version : Do you think DM should go beta prior to OB port

Neolinkster
09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
CS:S had its beta phase with a limited amount of bugs that were in the game, DM on the other hand has enough bugs that its nearly wiped out the playerbase. I believe if it does go beta it should be an exclusive release for those of us who know most of, if not all the exploits, so they can be hashed out before a primary release. If anyone at Valve remembers the patch right before FIOS held that $100,000 where it messed up health spawns and nearly eliminated hitboxes while adding a few other bugs to the game, the patchwork through hl2dm is problematic to say the least.

Also there are a few features such as those in a popular mod that could be implemented quite easily and have a high chance of community support such as: FOV adjust-ability;extra playermodels i.e. Breen,Alyx,Kliener,Mossman,Magnussun,Zombine,& Zombie models;an readygame system for tournaments/matches. All these are small,simple, and effective.

sasuke2490
09-07-2010, 01:32 PM
agreed but the bugs havent driven me out im just bored of the game cause you know no updates for awhile. it gets boring playin on the same stuff for awhile.

edit: i would really like a cool scoreboard for hl2dm like each updated source game has.

iBMe
09-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I wont be surprised when they dump an update on it, add lots of new bugs, ruin the game as we know it and never look at it again.

Keeper
09-10-2010, 06:18 AM
I believe it will be a lot like CS:S ... beta first, and maybe even beta during. They are doing a lot of updates on the side and then updating the main game when those are worked out.

They have done a lot for the CS:S community. CVARs to revert back to "legacy" play options. They also have added some new things the community has asked for.

We shall soon see...

dbanimal
09-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I can only hope it will be a major improvement.

Nobuga
09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
agreed but the bugs havent driven me out im just bored of the game cause you know no updates for awhile. it gets boring playin on the same stuff for awhile.
Same.