PDA

View Full Version : Game is currently unavailable.

Warden_Poster
09-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I certainly can’t play the demo because of some error. I downloaded the demo but when I tried to play it another window open saying “This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time.” I then deleted the Dogfighter demo and downloaded it again and when I tried playing again I got the same error. Can anyone please help me?

DW_Stephen
09-08-2010, 12:51 AM
hi Warden_Poster,

This is normally fixed if you delete the following files from your Steam folder:

Exit Steam first of course
Delete: 'ClientRegistery.blob'
Delete: 'AppUpdateStats.blob'

Steam should attempt to redownload those files again next time you run it. Here is the Steam Support article on the matter in case you wanted more information:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831

Hope that helps!

Warden_Poster
09-12-2010, 08:30 AM
hi Warden_Poster,

This is normally fixed if you delete the following files from your Steam folder:

Exit Steam first of course
Delete: 'ClientRegistery.blob'
Delete: 'AppUpdateStats.blob'

Steam should attempt to redownload those files again next time you run it. Here is the Steam Support article on the matter in case you wanted more information:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831

Hope that helps!

I exited Steam, then I deleted those two files, restarted Steam then I tried playing the demo again I got the “Game is currently unavailable” error.

DW_Stephen
09-13-2010, 02:32 AM
I suggest you go through that Steam article and try some of the other solutions then contact them directly if nothing else helps.

Exit Steam,
Update DirectX, PhysX, Update Visual C++ (you can find these 3 files inside the Steam Apps folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dogfighter demo\redist)
Delete everything under the Steam installation directory except Steam.exe, the ClientRegistryOld.blob, and the \SteamApps folder - this will force Steam to update when you log in
Verify your game cache
Make sure "C:\Program Files\Steam" isnt set to read-only

You probably should run the Demo after each step and see which one helped you,

Regards

eninrutas
03-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Am experiencing the same problems, have done everything described above to no avail. I'm dying to try out the demo before I commit to a purchase of the game, but it'd really suck if I couldn't get it to run after purchase. Some help before the sale finishes would be nice.

BrendanDW
03-17-2011, 07:17 AM
@eninrutas

What's your hardware/software setup? More details the better.

Also what "region" are you in? (North America, Europe, etc.)

Brendan.