PDA

View Full Version : Wine Cellar Key

Igorsky
09-08-2010, 08:34 PM
So I just got the wine cellar key and when i went out from the room i heard a some nasty voice and went running back to the wardrobe and quit the game. Is there someone out there because i am afraid to go far?! LoL

Pazuzu
09-08-2010, 08:38 PM
You're good to go.

Dust-Off
09-08-2010, 09:08 PM
So I just got the wine cellar key and when i went out from the room i heard a some nasty voice and went running back to the wardrobe and quit the game. Is there someone out there because i am afraid to go far?! LoL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I stopped at the same place a few minutes ago!

Larry1212
09-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm quite a bit ahead of that but, to be honest, it's a lot easier after the cellar and if you've played the demo you won't have trouble at all up untill the elevator part(I'm just at it atm). Really easy, not really scary after the basement area that was in the demo but still a treat to play.

Iconoclast XVII
09-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Wow, that makes three of us that ran into the closet. I quit the game there because I had to go to work... :/

morons_update
09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
LOL i did the exact same thing, im still in that wardrobe.

GenericBadGuy
09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
As of this moment I am in that same wardrobe. Its getting kind of crowded in here guys...

Should we start a support group? Wardrobe anonymous?

YinStarrunner
09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I, too, hid in the wardrobe like a pansy.

tinsteelviper
09-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Same, I hid in the wardrobe and stayed there for a about 2mins, didn't hear foot steps so I took a peak to see if its clear, then i just ran from there

PoSSeSSeDCoW
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I didn't hear the door open for some reason, but I did hear the monster groan on my way back. I ran past any open doors until I got to the level transition. >_>

jackbosha
09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Ha, you're all [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color].
I hid under a table.

checkmate32
09-08-2010, 11:50 PM
That makes 8 of us cowering in the wardrobe.

Teh_schlomo
09-09-2010, 01:49 AM
I hid in the dark corner of a room. I would have died if I had seen this thing

JK_DC
09-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Tsk tsk. The game is a little creepy, but not that bad for Penumbra veterans. I wish the devs would have added a similar thing to the FEAR 2 Alma parts where she grabs you. That would have had you guys running to your cars and scurrying to find a public place that is well lit. LOL

Feindfeuer
09-09-2010, 03:00 AM
As of this moment I am in that same wardrobe. Its getting kind of crowded in here guys...

Should we start a support group? Wardrobe anonymous?

Someone should make a Steamgroup with this name for us all to join.

-Sugar_Wolf
09-09-2010, 03:08 AM
I did the same thing. Hid in the wardrobe and quick saved my way out of there so I could regain all of MY sanity (Wanted to check out steam forums and saw this thread right after, just now posting). :p

Was I the only one that saw a creature on the way back to the main hall? I nearly shrieked (Was my first encounter, he didn't see me though).. I wonder if they wander the castle at random.

Slazza
09-09-2010, 03:14 AM
Was I the only one that saw a creature on the way back to the main hall? I nearly shrieked (Was my first encounter, he didn't see me though)

I actually chased after that one... Sadly it de-spawns when it walks through the door and doesn't take any notice of you beforehand. :(

Adde
09-09-2010, 03:20 AM
I also hid in the wardrobe. I came out though and looked around and there was no monster, however the door that wouldnt budge in the other room was open. So I suggest waiting a minute or twi in case a monster did pop in for a visit. I didn't see one though. I also heard the monster in the main hall, but did not actually see one. But on the way back to the door to the main entrance part I did hear a monster in one of the doors and I know it was there. I sprinted past and entered the transition door though so I was safe. I didn't hear him chase me either so that was good. Just remember the monsters can't see in the dark anymore than you can, just hide and keep moving. KEEP MOVING.

DIENER
09-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Don't be afraid Daniel.

Rumina
09-09-2010, 04:12 AM
I saw the monster go around the corner and then I didn't know where it was. I could still hear noises and it sounded like something was real close to so finally I said screw it and made a run for the exit trying to look at nothing around me as I ran.

Shadow_Man_PW
09-09-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm quite a bit ahead of that but, to be honest, it's a lot easier after the cellar and if you've played the demo you won't have trouble at all up untill the elevator part(I'm just at it atm). Really easy, not really scary after the basement area that was in the demo but still a treat to play.

hahahaha, I ♥♥♥♥ myself almost every second after that wine cellar. Seriously, I came close to wetting myself and I played the demo. It was just so intense, I couldn't stop, I had to keep running. I'm convince now that my brain had left the building and the only reason I was still able to press the W button is because I was frozen with fear.

MultiVaC
09-09-2010, 04:29 AM
I did the exact same thing as you guys at that part, and maybe twice more at different parts after that. The point that I finally had to take a break after was (minor spoilers)in the storage room on the part where you have to get the elevator working, some sort of creature scared me into a corner. Just when I thought it was gone, I crept out and there it was. It made a horrible, horrible sound and lurched towards me. I bolted for the door and went back out into the "hub" area with the creepy baby face fountain. For some reason I find that bizarre area strangely comforting; a fact that, in itself, is very disturbing to me. :eek:

Tsk tsk. The game is a little creepy, but not that bad for Penumbra veterans. I wish the devs would have added a similar thing to the FEAR 2 Alma parts where she grabs you. That would have had you guys running to your cars and scurrying to find a public place that is well lit. LOL

I think something like that is good for jump scares, but would make Amnesia less scary overall. The genius of it is that even though I've encountered several creatures already, I have almost no idea what they look like other than being vaguely humanoid. Which makes the whole game so much more terrifying. Plus, FEAR 2 was probably the least scary "horror" game ever made.

Shadow_Man_PW
09-09-2010, 04:42 AM
I think something like that is good for jump scares, but would make Amnesia less scary overall. The genius of it is that even though I've encountered several creatures already, I have almost no idea what they look like other than being vaguely humanoid. Which makes the whole game so much more terrifying. Plus, FEAR 2 was probably the least scary "horror" game ever made.

QFT.

I have almost no idea what they look like either, except for a screenshot a friend sent me. One that I just don't want to remember.

iSpaceman
09-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Dude this game is scaring the pants off me. I did precisely the same thing.

The scariest parts for me in the wine cellar were when you go into the room full of gibs, the door gets banged on right before you go in...that scared me so badly.

And of course, the vaguely humanoid monster scared me senseless too :)

Larry1212
09-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Lol, I hid in the wardrobe aswell. :P

asherkin
09-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Someone should make a Steamgroup with this name for us all to join.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wardrobe_anonymous

At least we will stay warm huddled in this wardrobe.