PDA

View Full Version : Load game...

Faray
09-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok...so I played for a bit saved my game and went to eat. Im coming back to it but I can't find a way to load it, no matter what I do where I go.

Sorry if this is a dumb question :x

jarreboum
09-09-2010, 01:38 AM
How did you save? the (C) are not savepoints, they are just respawn points. To save you have to go through a teleport or hit enter to access the quicksave menu.

When you did one of those you can continue your game from the "play game" menu.

Raul
09-09-2010, 02:51 AM
To save press ENTER while playing, then press the LEFT key three times (until you get to the save screen and follow the instructions). If you want to load go to Start Game > Continue and you have two options: continue from last teleport or continue from last quicksave.

TerryCavanagh
09-09-2010, 03:39 AM
If you have a teleporter or quicksave, the game should take you into a new menu when you select "start game" on the main menu, and from there you can just choose "continue".

(If it's not bringing up that menu, then it's possible that your save is being deleted by something you run on your computer... Some programs like BetterPrivacy for Firefox and CCleaner actually delete your flash cache, which deletes your saves from flash games like VVVVVV and Machinarium. If that's the case, you can usually set up those programs to, er, not do that.)

SergioS
09-09-2010, 05:23 AM
Hi, Terry. Someone created some sort of a tool, to backup Saves in Machinarium : http://machinarium.net/forum/index.php/topic,809.0.html
Any chance you could implement that in Vvvvvvv?
I've already deleted my SaveGame once using CCleaner (yeah, i forgot to read the readme file :D ).

Your game's awesome BTW!!!

TerryCavanagh
09-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Interesting... I'll look into using something like that, thanks :)

Faray
09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Thats weird I don't have the option to load.... and I saved from the menu... I don't have either of those programs either maybe it was something else :x

vexv
09-10-2010, 04:36 PM
i'm having this problem too. i've saved via the menu and also went through a teleport, yet when i start the game it always starts from the begining

captain max
09-11-2010, 09:29 AM
This problem is very annoying. I love this game, and I wish it could save my progress, but it doesn't. I tried going to Flash settings, but any adjustments I make do not save. I tried allowing local content to save (as it was disabled) but it won't work, It just reverts back to the original settings... Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?

bankaiuser
09-11-2010, 02:26 PM
(If it's not bringing up that menu, then it's possible that your save is being deleted by something you run on your computer... Some programs like BetterPrivacy for Firefox and CCleaner actually delete your flash cache, which deletes your saves from flash games like VVVVVV and Machinarium. If that's the case, you can usually set up those programs to, er, not do that.)
Should've known this before... but thanks anyway.

hvis
09-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Sigh, I've been bitten by BetterPrivacy. I rarely close Firefox, so that happened halfway through the game.

Nobody reads the readmes, and I don't think it was even displayed upon installation. Some other warning would've been helpful.
Having to worry about browser extensions not erasing my saved games is quite a novel thing, you know.

Alpha Kenny One
09-13-2010, 01:39 PM
can not load, I have tried multiple times.

Does this game run under firefox? If so I have NoScript, and Cookiesafe, will these interfere with the game?

I have Machinama, and it saves and loads without error....

WIndows 7 64bit
Default browser = firefox
4 gigs of ram
no background programs running except the usual windows 7 services, and steam...

I use ClamAV from the command line, but it only finds tracking cookies from when I use Internet Explorer from Micro$oft (none recently, last one was about 2 months ago from Doubleclick.net)

BTW, I love the Commodore 64 load screen, C64 was my first real computer :)

OK, got the full version of adobe flash, saves perfectly now.