PDA

View Full Version : Your scariest Amnesia moment

Xyphious
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Mine came in the prison cells section.

Turned a corner and looming about 50 yards away was one of the creatures, my vision blurs, Daniel starts breathing like an asthmatic then enemy turns and spots me so i turn back and run 20 yards to the nearest cell dive in and slam the door

*NUUURAAARGH*

I whipped around and quickly as i could and one of the bastards was standing behind me, a swift removal of my face and empty of my bowels later and i'd experienced my scariest moment in Amensia

Whats yours?

Zergalag
09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
You should of put a "Spoilers" in the title, just saying.

My scariest moment was in storage, I just picked up the red and blue tube and this zombie appears outside. I close the door, wait by the candle for a minute, then start thinking "Oh he's gone", then I run upstairs and he's rushing towards me. I quit at that point I was so scared.

den rare
09-09-2010, 02:27 PM
That freaking water demon you first meet in that basement. Where you jump on all the crates. That part was cool.

The chase part however i was running for my dear life, screaming "sh** sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**" until i reached the safe end. PHEW!

I found penumbra more scary than Amnesa imo. But amnesia sure is more interesting!

Also, the torture rooms... nasty... D:

Xyphious
09-09-2010, 02:30 PM
The chase part however i was running for my dear life, screaming "sh** sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**sh**" until i reached the safe end. PHEW!

Yeah that water section had me going too, its when the footsteps pick up and you're convinced its right on your heels! Such a well executed section that

Rumina
09-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Probably when I got chased through the basements by the water creature. Other then that I've managed to stay off everythings radar. Usually when there are no monsters and there's just build up is when I'm the most scared.

MassacrMan
09-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Storage hands down, when the monster was coming at me I turned and ran to hide behind some barrels in the dark. Little did I know the bastard is fast than me and followed me right to where I was going to hide!

That's when I just ran all the way out of storage back to the entry hall and quit once the game finished loading.

xX_Renegade_Xx
09-09-2010, 03:21 PM
I still haven't finished yet so their may be more scary moments.

In the sewers, distracting one of those creatures and it disappears quite easily, I slowly make my way around the corner towards the door, the door bangs as I'm about to go inside and I think the creature is about to break it down, I turn to run and it's standing right in front me :eek:

k3Ck
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
In the Torture Chamber when the... ...tomb with the spikes burst open.

That is the only part that made me jump. I wish they put more jumpy parts like that in the game. That's the only one I remember.

N3oN667
09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
That monster in the torture chamber scared the ♥♥♥♥ out of me like 3 times. I couldn't see more then like two feet in front of me and then suddenly LOUD MUSIC. "OH GOD OH GOD WHERE" Searching franticly turn around and BAM in my face.
I shat myself.

Psychos
09-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Heading towards the orb room with the potion ingredients, opening that door and getting confronted by 2 or 3 of them creatures....talk about a shock. Or the chase sequence getting followed by the "wall flesh" stuff, and encountering that debris cluttered door....it felt like an eternity trying to move that stuff while it just creeped closer and closer

Maxsil
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
*whisteling* "Dum di dum di dum dum"
*sees a door*
*says*
"oooh a dooor"
*opens*

HOLY ♥♥♥♥ A MONSTER OH ♥♥♥♥ *slams door shut and puts all objects in the room on the end of it, *hears Pounding/other random sound*

Then i turned around to look for tinderboxes, and i heard a scary sound from behind me, so i turned around and saw a monster standing right behind me.

I shut the game of, watched some ALF and started cleaning my pants

Oaty
07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
The first encounter of a monster really got my heart going. I had to pause the game and take a breather. But...

The scariest part I had was in the prison. I was walking through the hallway and heard a monster roar. I panicked and bolted into the closest room. Without looking in the room i raced to the corner, faced the wall, and crouched. I heard a noise so i turned around and got swiped in the face by the monster.

My roommate was also watching me play for this part of the game. ....so, 2 grown college dudes, let out some the loudest, girliest screams ever. My heart jumped into my throat, and I got a horrible stomach cramp from being startled so abruptly.

I find it amazing that this game was able to hurt me both mentally AND physically!

methodman123
07-03-2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AnWSq5iPM

That isn't me...but skip to 7:20 for the funniest reaction.

Hivomnomnom
07-03-2011, 03:02 PM
*goes into splashy water ninja monster room*

Alright, wonder what happens here.

*screen goes dark*

WTF?

*daniel wakes up*

Why is there water here? Why is there splashing coming towar- HOLY ♥♥♥♥ MONSTER

gotthisfortf2
07-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Probably near the prison after you go down the elevator I walked through the door that goes into the prison and I heard some noise and I paused and saved and quit.Then a few days later I was home alone and it was dark and I was like "Ok, Im not going to quit this time."I heard that noise paused for a minute walked a few steps saw a monster and cursed so loud its good my parents weren't home lol.

REDMeff
07-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I had so many scary moments (yet!) i cant tell you which was the hardest one. But yesterday i really got a ♥♥♥♥ing shock. It's when you are trying to find all the pieces of that ball and go into all the rooms where others have been tortured. The moment when you are at that...casket of a mumie or something. You go right to it, then a maaaaad (!!!) sound appears, your desktop vanished and this ♥♥♥♥ing thing oppens. That was really hard. ^^

But i really can't tell which was the hardest of them all. This is such a frictional and very intensive game. I was never that scared. No movie, no nightmare could ever top that game. ^^

xxxVJ300xxx
07-07-2011, 02:01 AM
In a custom mod called Abduction.

So i'm looking for a key in the library. A note mentioned the key was to the guest room where something terrible happend. All throughout looking for this key I felt scared. When I reached the 3rd floor of the library their was a long narrow shelfing of books (think of a super market, but the end of the isle is just another shelf so you have to go back).

At the end I found a key, it was the one to the guest room. Suprised I was that no monster spawned upon picking it up, so I walked back wondering where shadows were should I need to hide. Right as a went to walk around the corner, a brute spawned RIGHT beside me, and saw me. When I backed around the corner he forgot where I was.

Right there was the first time I EVER almost screamed in a horror game.

I'll link the part when I get around to uploading it since I was doing an LP.

KiteX3
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Can I pick two?
#1:
The room with the dog head. I was terrified at the thought that I might have to face vicious not-zombie dogs...I'm a bit cynophobic in real life, as you might guess. I'm also thoroughly enjoying Penumbra Overture, as you might guess.
#2:
I was in the sewers. I ended up at a crossroads, a damaged grate blocking further passage through the sewers and a stairway leading up. I turned and walked up the stairway...I reached the top, and my eyes glanced on a sickening mass of flesh, sprawled on the floor -- "a new monster"?! Terrified of this unknown new threat, I immediately flipped around to run away...only to hear steel clash against steel, the grate shattering, and the familiar sounds of a not-zombie. ...two monsters at once?! I didn't, couldn't have expected this. I stopped, confused and scared -- I can easily hide from the not-zombie, but to do so, I'd need to break line of sight...by running into that heap of mangling flesh's room. I panic, decide not to risk it, and try to sprint past the not-zombie. He struck me a few times, and I collapsed, dead.
Later, I reloaded a save, and walked up the stairs for a better look. It was just half a body on a pile of shadow-goo -- I felt like a complete fool while I nonchalantly hid from the now-oblivious not-zombie that had earlier slaughtered me like panicked cattle.

Fraxxxi
07-08-2011, 05:32 PM
for me (about twenty minutes into the game) it was just after I read that first note from myself to myself. I had explored all the rooms and didn't know how to progress further, the only way out I could see was the hole in the ceiling of the room where I first got the lantern. so I spent like five minutes hauling crates over there to fashion makeshift stairs up, and shortly before I was done - I discovered the switch I needed to progress -.-

Megatonberry
07-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I have a couple, first the bit where:

I was in the archives, after exiting the area where the ceiling collapsed, going into the big room and hearing a roar, running forwards, discovering that exit blocked, hearing a noise behind me, and a monster ran at me and vanished. I needed new trousers.

And:

The water monster, when it chased me where there was few boxes i was just cursing over and over and shaking, what a relief when i reached the end.

As well as:

The entire prison level, I came away from that shaking irl, needed a good rest before carrying on.

easytarget4435
07-09-2011, 06:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3jAv8P4YU&feature=related

@ 1:26

Lold hard, he was scared.

xenonbirds
07-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Morgue... definitely.
I couldn't even touch this game for 2 weeks afterwards. I've never been THAT scared in my life, before and after.

morbin
07-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I have only been playing a few days, but I was really freaked by the changing portrait in the study. It was totally unexpected.

rta
07-10-2011, 12:31 AM
scariest moment? when a sticky note that was stuck to the door next to my computer table "unstuck" and fell onto the floor right next to me and i saw it with my peripheral vision...

both my knees slammed up into my table.

rkodynasty
07-11-2011, 04:25 AM
I had watched the playthroughs on Youtube prior to getting this game, so I thought I'd know where everything was. I went down into the lower levels (the first place you encounter grunts that attack you, before the infamous water daemons) and kept telling myself "Okay, I'm going to turn this corner, and it's going to be right there". I turn the corner expecting to see a grunt and saw nothing. I turn around, and my face gets killed by the grunt. Scared the wide world of sports out of me.

yamhead4
07-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Definitely the morgue. Those who have gotten there know what I'm talking about, just the whole thing is terrifying, at least to me :eek:

RedErroor 404
07-12-2011, 04:21 PM
The torture chamber with the saw in it. :eek:

LastxShot
07-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I have got to say the scariest moment I have had so far took place in the sewers. I had reached the square region and I took the path to my right; little did I know, a monster was waiting for me as soon as I turned the corner. I ran quickly in the other direction and it ended up leading me to the same area. I could hear the monster chasing me, so I continued to run through the hallway. I slammed the door behind me as soon as I reached the ladder. I could see the monster a foot away from me, but luckily the door delayed it just in time for me to climb up to safety.

The LaughingMan
07-18-2011, 10:07 AM
When I started it up and my saved game was gone. Scary then depressing

Nahte27
07-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I was in the storage area, and I was being chased by a monster. I was cornered, freaked out, and I knew I wasn't going to survive, so I just saved and exited. However, I didn't know that when you save, it saves at exactly where you're standing. So about a week later, I decide to try again, and I expect to be at the beginning of the storage. So I load up the game, and suddenly, MONSTER ATTACKING ME!!!

Note: do NOT save and exit when being attacked by monsters!!!

iSpaceman
07-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Heh. I'm terrible with horror so I could definitely rattle off a few.

My worst by far, was at the very beginning in the refinery. I had gotten used to the demo where if you run at the monster it poof-ed away, so I was expecting it to vanish so I could be brave for the rest of the level. When it DIDN'T, and I saw its face, RUN RUN RUN. Then I got to the loading door back to the big area and it was behind me when I turned around @_@

I am Yarg
08-07-2011, 04:08 PM
In Justine I got to that water part. I didn't know you could close that door you open into the next room so after finding out that something is chasing me and screaming, I ran into the room to the left, hid in a corner and the gatherer came in, and went out.
I decided to try to run past him as he was walking up and down the hallway. But as I was halfway down the hallway he started coming back down it. So I ran back and hid in a different place, behind a pipe almost in front of the door because I didn't have enough time to get back to my usual place. It came in, saw me and started running towards me. I screamed really loud, dropped my headset I was wearing (talking to friends over skype) and paused the game. After feeling like crying, I quit. It took me almost 30 mins to catch my breathe again. :eek: And I can tell you, my friends I was talking to had a great time.
I have only played Justine a couple times since... I don't like it when they see me and I usually scream when they do. I've only died a couple times from gatherers because I usually quit when I'm about to die. :)

That's my scariest moment!

Origami~
08-08-2011, 11:27 AM
A lot of people have trouble with the monster in the storage I noticed lol For me, it was also in the storage area but...it's a little different.

After I grabbed the rods, I hid when I heard the monster. Then oh so carefully I sneak out and make a break for it. The monster sees me and I hear the awful "music" and know it's following me. I get up the stairs and think I'm safe because there's only a corner I need to turn then another set of steps. As I head around the corner there is another monster running at my face and I scream. I have never been so scared in my life as that moment.

Though the water part is brutal in Justine and in Amnesia.

CasHxCrew
07-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I have not finished the game yet and from what people are saying the prison is the scariest part of the game. Before i came to the forums that is the part of the game i saved on last. Excited to play tomorrow but anyways my scariest moment...so far.... was in the storage room. I went down to look for the dang rods. There was a door and i opened it to only hear the "chase" music. So i thought the monster was behind me as i entered the room and closed to door. As i felt a wave of relief i turned to hide and found the monster literally kissing me. At that point i covered the screen knowing i was going to die and turned the game off. I love this game! :D