PDA

View Full Version : Ati 5970 only using one processor

twisted0ne
09-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Started to wonder why my fps were pretty bad considering my graphics card so got msi afterburner up and noticed whilst playing that only one of the processors usage increases and the other one just stays at 0%. Has anyone else with this card noticed this problem?

Tried other games aswell and usage on both GPU's goes up so cant be my setup.

k37chup
09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Have to wait month(s) for amd update catalyst profile to support cf for this game.

twisted0ne
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
but both the GPU's are on the same card im not running 2 cards in crossfire, or does it just treat it the same?

maul_inc01
09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
but both the GPU's are on the same card im not running 2 cards in crossfire, or does it just treat it the same?

I'm pretty sure that even if your card has 2 gpu's, the driver will still treat them as 2 card in Sli Crossfire. But this game isn't exactly demanding, unless you turn up SSAO samples to 128 (That will kill any card).
The Developers have already stated that they should had capped SSAO at 32 samples as everything above isn't really noticeable and kills performance.

twisted0ne
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
thanks for the explanation, didnt really know what SSAO was anyway so had it on max which I what was guess was killing my fps in the first place