PDA

View Full Version : Who is the genius behind this?! (No spoilers)

Aldaril
09-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Same with Penumbra and now this. The creators somehow manage to put me in a state of mind where I fear that a monster is nearby and never give me the satisfaction of seeing it or even having it attack me. It's damn genius I tell you! GENIUS! To scare players with nothing but darkness.

vagan
09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
♥[/color]♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥16917903♥♥♥♥♥♥end_of_the_skype_highli ghting]Same with Penumbra and now this. The creators somehow manage to put me in a state of mind where I fear that a monster is nearby and never give me the satisfaction of seeing it or even having it attack me. It's damn genius I tell you! GENIUS! To scare players with nothing but darkness.

well spoken!the dev team deserves an oskar for this game.the whole concept convinces me- lots of games are ruined by to much or bad implemented fighting . Dvelopers try to make the biggest and ugliest monsters- but they are not scary anymore.we saw them all by now.but this "not knowing" what lurks in the dark...the way the tension builds up - its really brilliant! thanks to the devs for delivering such an excellent horror experience !!

Psychos
09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I want to say H.P. Lovecraft is the genius from which this type of game is heavily based on Lovecraftian horror, it and its sister game Penumbra.

Developer-wise specifically, I couldn't tell you, cept that Frictional games are masters at their (Love)craft :)