PDA

View Full Version : Question/How to: Destructible Turrets

AbsolutTBomb
09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi! I have a question for anyone who's map/mod savvy:

I was wondering if it would be possible to create destructible turrets that attack human players. If so, how would one go about doing this in SDK?

--

Thanks! :)

General_Info
09-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I know for a fact that player placed turrets can be destroyed if enough boomer orbs detonate in blast range of a sentry. I've had this happen on the reactor level at the very end.

Insano-Man
09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I know for a fact that player placed turrets can be destroyed if enough boomer orbs detonate in blast range of a sentry. I've had this happen on the reactor level at the very end.

Not just boomer orbs, any damage not directly inflicted by the player. That includes drone claws, ranger spit, and the terminal-accessed turret on Rydberg.

As for the main topic, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe you could do something with func_tank? I've never given it a whole lot of thought and I'm not a particularly advanced mapper.

AbsolutTBomb
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
As for the main topic, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe you could do something with func_tank? I've never given it a whole lot of thought and I'm not a particularly advanced mapper.

Hey thanks for the info. I looked at a page on func_tank and it looks like it might be possible:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Func_tank