PDA

View Full Version : Red and Blue item FAIL

paralistalon
09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I thought that the red items automatically increased a small percentage when you sold them (like when you buy them from the market or guild master), so I was selling all my red items for 130% until the last day or two of the "main game."

I somehow managed to make the final payment, but now I'm all like FACEPALM!!!

sweitx
09-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I thought that the red items automatically increased a small percentage when you sold them (like when you buy them from the market or guild master), so I was selling all my red items for 130% until the last day or two of the "main game."

I somehow managed to make the final payment, but now I'm all like FACEPALM!!!

Don't be.
If you're only selling at 130%, for them, it feels like you're selling it to them at 65% (red item doubles their accepted price level). In short, during those red price days, you made them REALLY happy. Which means that you'll probably get a lot of curstomer, all of which are willing to buy your high price items, a lot.
In short, you made up part of the "missed profit" by volume.
Btw, how many customer per time slice do you get after doing that for a while?

Mooks
09-13-2010, 09:55 AM
you can sell up to 300%~ of the base price when items increase in value

Zefar
09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
you can sell up to 300%~ of the base price when items increase in value

I only think that robot girl Arma will accept such high rate. Everyone else have a limit. Usually 290% works for most guys.

Kyun
09-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Don't forget Alouette, the spoiled rich girl who buys 150% from base on even regular items. The so-called rival happens to be one of my best customers to date.

Seranation
09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
I only think that robot girl Arma will accept such high rate. Everyone else have a limit. Usually 290% works for most guys.
290%? o_O To think I've been sticking with attempting to find the Near Pin amount somewhere between 220-225%, haha.

As for Arma, she, along with Alouette are generally the only two who will buy at high percentage rates. I wonder if Alouette near the start of the game is able to buy super high priced items from Recette if she asks for recommendations without having to build up relationships, since she is the stereotypical rich girl?

General Near Pin bonus with normal items is 104% for selling to customers and 70% when buying from them, correct? Anyone worked out the Near Pin bonuses for blue and red items yet?

The part about making customers happy with cheapo items is interesting though...

stryk3r
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
General Near Pin bonus with normal items is 104% for selling to customers and 70% when buying from them, correct? Anyone worked out the Near Pin bonuses for blue and red items yet?

Depends on the customer type and how successful you've been at selling in the past. Young men and the guild master are 125ish I think, old men are 120 and haggle if you're a pix above 120 (I recommend 119 for the sake of your combos), housewives seem to be 115-120 (they're prone to haggling; one haggled me on a 50 pix loaf of walnut bread), little girls usually accept 114 immediately (some walk if you're deadset on the high 11*s, some will pay; they rarely seem to bluff when buying), Allouette is a fountain of money, her fairy has quite a bit as well but doesn't go above 105 for me, adventurers tend to be initially poor and sometimes cheap to boot; Elan is pretty bad in both regards.

The last point warrants some elaboration, buy prices are affected by both the person's wealth (how much they're capable of spending) and cheapness (how much of a deal they expect you to cut them). The fairy is an example of rich and cheap; she'll pick out nice items, but you'll have to sell it near base cost. Girls are sometimes poor, but not cheap (they're a bit more hesitant to sell low, but that's another can of worms); she'll walk if you throw the same price at her twice because she really can't pay it. Housewives are always cheap, and vary in wealth; sticking to your guns often results in a sale. They also have the annoying habit of picking out items they can't afford.

MithranArkanere
09-14-2010, 07:51 AM
There are actually more than just 50% and 200% value.

Sometimes the news say something slightly different, and the letters are colored with a slightly more dark tone of blue or red.
It's hard to see without being able to compare them with the usual red and blue, and they are also much more rare too.
In those cases, you can buy for 25% the blue ones, and sell the red ones for over 300% easily.

007Bistromath
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM

I regularly got 300% from everyone but the old man, sometimes without haggling. Even the little girl will accept that if you're selling her something cheap enough to afford. Far less near pins that way, though. 220ish seems better if you want that. The young man in particular can be milked dry, though. 250% gets a near pin, and he'll take 350% with no argument on some items. Guy is severely dumb with his money. That or he's crushing on Recette.

adventurers tend to be initially poor and sometimes cheap to boot

God, you're not kidding. My Charme's equipment is still garbage because she regularly walks out on things I'm trying to sell her at cost.